Green 1 - Me 262 with 21 Cm Wgr - Rescued from SOD

Mebo

Got the tub and wheelwells installed and painted. Also did a little bit of correcting on the wings and extended the attachmentpoints on the slats. I dont think the kitparts lets them extend far enough with makes wing look at little wrong.

Also painted inside the engines before i glued the nacelles onto the wing.

Next.... Painting the cockpit :m0152:

dsc0001uq.jpg
dsc0002gvp.jpg
dsc0003el.jpg
dsc0004yg.jpg
dsc0008cl.jpg
dsc0007rn.jpg
dsc0006uu.jpg
dsc0005yi.jpg

Gorgeous work on the wheel wells! The leading edge slat fix is one of the best I've seen yet and I'll have to shamelessly copy what you've done when I get around to building mine. :)

Keep up the great detailing and painting, Very impressive.

Paul

Hi Mebo

Excellent work on an excellent choice of markings - I can say that because I finished the same bird last year, although it didnt look as good as it seems your will. You have some very nice skills even after such a long break.

Vi har faktisk også et fint forum på dansk - danskemodelbyggere....

Wow, nice work so far - those wheel bays look fantastic - look forward to seeing more.

Thanks a lot. That Aires stuff is pretty good to work with.

Gorgeous work on the wheel wells! The leading edge slat fix is one of the best I've seen yet and I'll have to shamelessly copy what you've done when I get around to building mine. :)

Keep up the great detailing and painting, Very impressive.

Paul

Thanks a lot. Lookin forward to seein your build. Im hopin that some of the Resin gurus will make sone corrected slats. It seems to be the only real issue with this kit (Except the wheels that i just saw Barracuda did) and its quite timeconsumeing to align and attach the evergreen rod to the underside of the slats.

This build is just pure awesomeness! One of the best 262 builds I've yet seen, and great inspiration for my next one.

Kev

Thaks a lot. Just went through your completed builds. That D-11 is really nice. I have the Jerry Crandall Dora books and those Galland Circus birds are just so appeling, only problem is to choose with one to build.

Wow, Wow, Wow.... simply geant..... Nice begining!!!!

Thanks for the kind words.

Hi Mebo

Excellent work on an excellent choice of markings - I can say that because I finished the same bird last year, although it didnt look as good as it seems your will. You have some very nice skills even after such a long break.

Vi har faktisk også et fint forum på dansk - danskemodelbyggere....

Hi Thomas

Nice to se a fellow countryman in here. I just saw your build and i really like it.

I kept my fiddely work skills sharp doin some jewelry work, my painting skills needs some work though. Just purchaced a airbrush recently and been playin around with it on some testpanels until i started thil build.

Can i ask you if you painted your model with the slats attached to the wing or if you attached them afterwards ?

Also dont worry about the armoured headrest on your model. This plane did not have it installed ;-)

Jeg har godt set det danske forum og lurket lidt derinde, men tidsmæssing føler jeg at jeg kun vil lave en byggetråd et sted.

Mvh Mikkel

Edited by Mebo

Managed to do some work yesterday.

Got the tail done. Drilled out the counterweights and replaced the poor kit representation of trimtabrods with some streched sprue.

Also got the cockpit pretty much finished. Those RB seatbelts really set it off.

Thanks for lookin

Mikkel

dsc0009jyx.jpg
dsc0010qnk.jpg
dsc0011ja.jpg
dsc0012vc.jpg
dsc0013su.jpg
dsc0014kl.jpg

Can i ask you if you painted your model with the slats attached to the wing or if you attached them afterwards ?

Also dont worry about the armoured headrest on your model. This plane did not have it installed ;-)

Mvh Mikkel

Painted with the slats on, but I'd say - don't. Maybe if you can fix them temporarily in the up position, but the is most likely not an option seeing you filled the step.

No amoured headrest - what lucky break :-)

Ingen probem Mikkel mht tid, var bare hvis du ikke vidste det

Painted with the slats on, but I'd say - don't. Maybe if you can fix them temporarily in the up position, but the is most likely not an option seeing you filled the step.

No amoured headrest - what lucky break :-)

Ingen probem Mikkel mht tid, var bare hvis du ikke vidste det

Thanks for the info Thomas

Thanks Mikkel. I would have thought that the Avia held the most interest for you!

Kev

Thats an really awesome build, but i allways had a soft spot for the D-9