Quitting smoking or have you quit?

LSP_Ron

You too Paul, go for it, think of the extra cash to spend on your kits :)

Thanks Tony, Only one smoke so far today and I've been up since 0800, its 1308 here now. The extra cash will be nice but my main thought process is I don't want my son to watch me die a horrible death from this stupid habit. I quit once before for 7 years, then I got divorced.. and started smoking again.

All the best and thanks for the well wishes :)

Paul

Two smokes today so far.. 7 total yesterday ( normally a pack a day) so its progress.

I'm much more noticeably irritable, I need to watch what I say around the house so "somebody" doesn't make me sleep on the couch...I'm tryin' though.

Paul

Keep trying, my friend. But since your down to only a few, and your already grouchy, why not just stop all together ? Not preaching, honest ! Just want you free..........Harv

I agree Ron, come to think of it, maybe thats the reason I've been a good boy. They put me on patches while I was in the hospital and been wearing them since. I think I have anothe r2 wks left......Harv

I'm half way through week 9 without a smoke. No patch on my arm anymore, but I still carry an Evo non-nic vapour stick with me. Usually need to take a drag on the vapour stick about once, maybe twice a day. Drive home from the office is still a killer craving session, but a bottle of water keeps me from road rage.

I find it odd that 9 weeks later, I still crave the act of smoking, and the punch in the lung I got off the first drag.

Maybe I'll always want one, maybe not. Today, I'm not smoking.

I find it odd that 9 weeks later, I still crave the act of smoking, and the punch in the lung I got off the first drag.

Good on yeah Kev!

I hate to break it to yeah, but that never fully goes away. I quit in 1995 and I still get little mirco moments from time to time where I have that exact craving. Thankfully it's only the odd time and very very short lived.

I am down to about 4 a day now, the first one in the morning chokes me now, and about the only hard part is driving to and from school. I find that ricola cough drops keep me sane enough to make it home without one so far. The Smoking cessation program I'm doing is a taper method and so far in week two I'm already way ahead.

I have nicorette lozenges and they taste like crap so I'll just ween off and quit this time. On track to be smoke free by my birthday Feb 4th.

Its beenalmost a month now (?) and I hate to say it, I did smoke a smoke a couple of days ago, well part of one. Put it out, it was no big deal. But ,yea, still have cravings. I agree about the ride home. That seems to be the big one Congrats to both Smithery and Paul. You guys hang in there. We CAN do it !........Harv

Thanks for the words of encouragement folks.

Harv, it does get easier with time, even with the odd cheat. Just make them the exception rather than the rule. I speak from experience, as I started up again after a year saying "one won't kill me". Within a week, it was like I never quit.

I figure I've got 22 years experience of smoking, so I know it's going to be a long road to travel. But the destination is worthwhile.

(man does it ever suck typing responses on an iPhone)