Big Beautiful Doll

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Guys hope this works .. posting for the first time with the iMac - one cool toy!

Well, for the time being, I'm going to call Big Beautiful Doll done but, it's not really. There still are a few things that need to be finished but for the present, I've run out of steam and would rather wait until the juices are flowing again. The tail codes need to be added. I had Ian at Astra Masks make a custom set and can't find them, the ammo doors need the braces added, .50 cal need final painting, one set of exhaust needs to be added and the field tools with equipment needs to be finished up. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how the vignette and the Mustang came out. This was my first go at a NMF and while it's not perfect by a long shot, it still looks OK to these old eyes. The ammo boxes are from Jerry Rutman and look great. The two mechanics are from ZM and were painted with Vallejo Acrylics.

She was a super project and Tamiya's P-51D became a classic from the day it was released. I decided to leave one set of exhausts off so the engine wiring can be seen. What started out as an OOB, straight out of the box, never went that way from day one and I'm willing to bet, I spent more on all the AM products then the kit itself.

Enjoy and thanks to everyone for all the help and support.

PCW_3681-1.jpg

PCW_3683-2.jpg

PCW_3682-1.jpg

PCW_3680-2.jpg

Peter

Outstanding Work Peter! Looks like you figured out the right colors for the mechanics etc! All of the details came out wonderfully.

You should try and take some close ups of some of the crew and detailed areas of the plane too! Id love to see some of it up closer, you've done a great job!

All the best to you and your builds,

Paul

Guest Peterpools

Andrew

Thanks for the comments on the build and the figures as well. BBD was a total blast and a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to doing all the little things over the winter.

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Hi Paul

Thanks so much for the kind words. Close ups are on the to-do list, as I'm finally feeling comfortable with the new iMac, thanks to Kevin, Lee and the Guys helping out on how things are done in the Mac world. I really enjoyed doing the figures as it's so different from kit construction. Noting takes the place of a well sculpture piece and I have to learn to spend more time cleaning up the figures as well.

Peter

Well, got the great pics to load. 1+. the figures are excellent 2+. The build is gorgeous 3+. Sooo, seams you hit it all, my friend ! can't find anything to gripe about. Just all round perfect !........Harv :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: