1/32 scale HE-219

Cunumdrum61

Looks really good.

The Naxos blister on the alternate canopy is a strange shape compared to the type you see on a Ju 88. Detail looks good, like the radiator breakdown. Only thing I would have liked to have seen was having the radar mounting assembly done like Tamiya's, strong, ready aligned and idiot proof.. I suppose they may have patented that approach or something..?

Very much looking forward to seeing this in the flesh...

Matt

Looks really good.

The Naxos blister on the alternate canopy is a strange shape compared to the type you see on a Ju 88. Detail looks good, like the radiator breakdown. Only thing I would have liked to have seen was having the radar mounting assembly done like Tamiya's, strong, ready aligned and idiot proof.. I suppose they may have patented that approach or something..?

Very much looking forward to seeing this in the flesh...

Matt

Hi Matt,

I suggested the Tamiya-way for the FuG 220 arms, but this arm-arrangement would have too much ejection-riscs (not at the tool-shop in testings - but mainly in main production circumstances) in a scale bigger than 48th scale. That would have been a safe of three parts (I desperately liked to have for other details to make) - but unbfortunately not.

Yes, I saw this Naxos in 2006 in Butlers good photographic addendum for his War Prizes, and from that moment on, it did not went out of my brain (even the FuG 350 is NOT the only "for-the-first-time-realized-version" of the He 219 in this kit - you surely did have discovered the other "first-time-realized" feature). An so, I suggested Revell to project a He 219 . . . and last year, finally the call came to make a documentation on the Eagle-Owl . . .

Happy (not-so-long) waiting

Andreas88

Edited by Andreas88

Andreas

"(even the FuG 350 is NOT the only "for-the-first-time-realized-version" of the He 219 in this kit - you surely did have discovered the other "first-time-realized" feature)"

Maybe the extra rear canopy part and the machine gun (Mg 131 or 81?) gives us a clue to the the other first time realised version. Is this a field modification to give some measure of protection from the ever present threat of the Mossie....?

Matt

Andreas

Maybe the extra rear canopy part and the machine gun (Mg 131 or 81?) gives us a clue to the the other first time realised version. Is this a field modification to give some measure of protection from the ever present threat of the Mossie....?

Matt

Hi Matt,

well the separate rear fixed canopy part was a must to serve the modellers for a open cockpit. Sorry, there is no MG 131 nor 81, but muzzles for the belly, wing root and obligue weapons in the kit.

But perhaps the Butler books about the War Prizes are not that popular. Beside that, the pic of this ultra-rare bird, was only printed in this very addendum-book, and not reprinted elsewere.

Andreas88

Andreas, has anyone brought up any WWII Japanese twin engine subjects, and if so, what was the reaction? A Nick and Dinah would sure be nice. For that matter, a Mossie and beau would seem to go over well also. Any comments on those?

Guest Dekenba

Even though I've got 50 odd 1/32 models in my stash, even though each build takes around 3 months, I'll end up buying this new kit.

I think I'm a kit collector who happens to build the odd aeroplane model.

Guest Dekenba

Geez, I wish I could get mine down to that!

Kev

The advantages of not only being self employed, but working from home & sharing my office with my modelling desk.

Andreas, has anyone brought up any WWII Japanese twin engine subjects, and if so, what was the reaction? A Nick and Dinah would sure be nice. For that matter, a Mossie and beau would seem to go over well also. Any comments on those?

Hello Mike,

I did not heared about IJN/IJA twins as proposals to the desciders. But I am only a plastic modeller - helping. But fact is, that these boards are manned with non-modellers. As hard as its sounds: it is about making money. And therefore the sells department sometimes "argue" that a proposed plane looks ugly, so they can not sell it (never mind - this would be a "first-time-ever") . . . and "puff", the proposal is in the litter bin. It is buisness and you have to have a overwhelming argumentation and presentation (and perhaps a "conflict" somewere on this globe OR an upcoming big picture to the right time), to have a chance to "plant" something as a proressing project.

The mossie is a tragic thing. Unfortunately Accurate Miniartures had no chance to realize their 32nd scale Mossie family. Later, one of these surfaced as a 48th scale kit . . .

But who knows, if there will be a Cocarde-Project after all these crosses (and a heli . . .).

If a manufactor likes to do more than one kit of an aircraft, the first of them has to re-finance the whole tooling. Therefore it is important that both (or more) kits are attractive, and the first must be a seller (and I am not speaking about these 3000p ZM needs to smile) within month after issue. Tricky rules in a world, were a second "miss" could cost you your job (even if each enthusiasts is buying three boxes at one time) . . .

@Kevin:

Well, do buy two of them, as there are two different late-war radars in the kit . . . *gg*

happy bench-cleaning/preparing

Andreas88

That's the Zoukei-mura kit, whereas I thought (and still think) that Shawn's question concerned the Revell kit, for which Andreas88 had posted a link on May 19th.

Charles Metz

Yup, and the news item for the He-219, which was listed just above the London bus, has indeed been removed!!!

It is looking nice, from what I saw.