Kyushu J7W Shinden

scvrobeson

:party0023:

Man, this one looks like a dream! Your build and your pictures of the finished Shinden make it even harder for me to resist hitting th "Order" button...

Seeing that the panels are still removable and how good they fit to the fuselage is a tribute to your skills!

Thanks for this!

Thomas

:party0023:

Man, this one looks like a dream! Your build and your pictures of the finished Shinden make it even harder for me to resist hitting th "Order" button...

Seeing that the panels are still removable and how good they fit to the fuselage is a tribute to your skills!

Thanks for this!

Thomas

Thanks Thomas! I'm glad you like it so much.

The kit was a dream to build, Z-M really hit it out the park with one. The parts fit is more a testament to them, not me at all. I just followed the directions, and put it together. The color scheme is where I got creative!

You should order one while some stores still hsve them, I promise you won't be disappointed at all with the value, detail, or build. :thumbsup:

Matt :party0023:

Awsome results mate !!

This camo definatly looks great on this bird :speak_cool:

Well done !

Thanks Loic! I'm glad you like how it's coming out. It's not quite done yet, but will be in another couple of days.

Thanks for reading in and commenting on this build, I'm really happy with it. :thumbsup:

Now to just not drop it or break it, and I'm okay.

Guest Peterpools

Matt

Well done; one terrific build. Love the phone with everything open up and hanging in the wind.

Cammo and decal work are the cream on the pie! One sexy looking aircraft.

:thumbsup:

Peter

Matt

Well done; one terrific build. Love the phone with everything open up and hanging in the wind.

Cammo and decal work are the cream on the pie! One sexy looking aircraft.

:thumbsup:

Peter

Thanks Peter! I love how it looks with everything opened up, it really sets off the lines of the Shinden. :thumbsup:

I'm glad you like how it all came out. I hope to not mess it up with the finishing parts.

They're luckily re-releasing the Shinden in August, might have to snap up another one.

They're luckily re-releasing the Shinden in August, might have to snap up another one.

That's great news Matt! Where did you hear it? I have a birthday in August, so perhaps I'll treat myself. (I better start saving now...)

Kev

That's great news Matt! Where did you hear it? I have a birthday in August, so perhaps I'll treat myself. (I better start saving now...)

Kev

Hey Kev. I was reading on Aeroscale about the big German Toy Fair, and they said it would be re-released, along with being shrunk down to a 1/48 kit as well. They also said the P-51 would come out in May, then followed by the 1/48 Shinden, then the A-1J, then the re-released Shinden, then the He-219 eventually.

You should treat yourself, it's a great kit. And it should come through multiple importers, bringing the price down to a more manageable level.

Update 2/26/12: She's all done!

Well guys, I just put the finishing touches on the Shinden, so I can officially call her done. I got the antennae mounted, and the inner gear doors, and it was all finished up. I know I have to add an antennae wire, but that's not a necessity for me. I do need to add a wash onto the inner gear doors, but I can do that any time really. i'm just happy to have this one done. In a nutshell, this was an amazing kit. Really great detail, and a dream to put together. And because it never went into service, you can really do anything you want with the scheme. The way they designed the kit, it really falls together, and is so strong, I never have to worry about anything breaking or cracking. And for a tricycle gear plane, with the crazy lean, it actually doesn't need any nose-weight, I just put it in because I'm neurotic like that.

Here are the photos, I'll split them into a couple of updates.

Enjoy everyone.

J7WShinden136.jpg

J7WShinden137.jpg

J7WShinden138.jpg

J7WShinden140.jpg

J7WShinden146.jpg

J7WShinden147.jpg

It looks crazy, but the exhaust is asymmetrical is just like that. I was thrown a bit the first time I saw it, but it lines up perfectly with the pipes.

Part 2:

J7WShinden142.jpg

J7WShinden141.jpg

J7WShinden143.jpg

J7WShinden144.jpg

J7WShinden145.jpg

And of course, all opened up: :speak_cool:

J7WShinden134.jpg

I really hope that you've all enjoyed this build. It's been tons of fun, and I thank you all for watching and reading along with me. All of your comments and good words have really been an inspiration and helped me through this one. It's been a great experience, and if anyone will be at the Silicon Valley Kick-Off March 24, you'll see it there in person. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Next build will be a HobbyBoss F-84E in Greek markings, I'll post pictures of that as I go, but it will be a very quick build.

Thanks again everyone.

Well, well , well Matt. She looks gorgeous ! You did good my friend . So, will I see this one next month ? So, did you finish the inner doors yet ? Because in the pics, they look "raw", no paint or weathering. But the rest is excellent.....Harv :speak_cool:

Well, well , well Matt. She looks gorgeous ! You did good my friend . So, will I see this one next month ? So, did you finish the inner doors yet ? Because in the pics, they look "raw", no paint or weathering. But the rest is excellent.....Harv :speak_cool:

Hey Harv. No, I haven't finished the inner gear doors yet, they still need a little wash and weathering. Yes, you will see this next month, along with the Hawk, F-80, possibly the F-84, and a couple of 1/48 projects I've got done. And maybe the Hunter if I find the motivation to just finish the thing up.

Thanks for the great comments, I'm happy to be done with this one, I'm very satisfied with how it all came out.