Den fighters, (forever)

LSP_K2

• 2 months later...

While sorting out some stuff on my Photobucket pages, I stumbled upon this. All of these fighters (except the Me 262), will have these faked up spinning props. This Hellcat is already hanging in my den, but the ceiling needs to be repainted, so I have no photos of that, as it looks pretty scummy.

GlT841.jpg

• 1 month later...

YAY!

Glad to see you back on these Kev.............very refreshing type of build(s), similar to the simplifying of my current Beaver build.

I know that KW has you-know-whated the pooch on a couple of decals sets prior, but have not ordered any myself, so cannot attest to their quality.

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Just went back to page one and kept on going. Awesome project and I'm enjoying it nearly as much as you. Great spinning prop effect on the Hellcat; the yellow tips add a lot to the overall effect.

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Peter, time to get back with it. While killing time until my pal arrives for “Saturday night hobby goodnessâ€, I decided to start prepping the wings for my B-24. First one is mostly finished now, at least enough to attach the engine cowls, (after painting the engines of course).

6kfchp.jpg

I have never seen that kit molded in anything but silver plastic. For some reason it looks much more modern in grey

Agreed...................it seems the old silver 70s style plastic doesnt do any kits justice. That was one of the very few things that bothered me about the ZM SPAD I built.

Agreed...................it seems the old silver 70s style plastic doesnt do any kits justice. That was one of the very few things that bothered me about the ZM SPAD I built.

Still the same great kit though, and it should look most impressive hanging up, getting bounced by a couple of 109's. A tribute to my childhood, that I enjoy with every new (from the stash), 1:48 kit I start for this never ending project. I'd like to thin the overall "herd" down to 30 or 40 kits eventually.

(When my contractor/neighbor/friend has his work slow down, we're considering replacing my ceiling, and insulating it real well at the same time. Perhaps then I can take some photos to show the battles taking place out there.)

OK, B-24 stab assembly all cleaned up and ready for installation. (It's a gorgeous day here, and I really enjoy sitting out on the porch doing this sort of mindless work, saving a bit of time that now won't be spent in the hobby room, so I can attack more detailed “stuff†while I'm down there.)

QmCSva.jpg