LSP_K2

Den fighters, (forever)

You are having just too much fun!

Why aren't you flagellating yourself by putting in every panel line and invisible-when-complete interior detail in place?

You have learned the meaning of the phrase, "enjoy your hobby".

I am enjoying watching this build.

Stephen

You are having just too much fun!

Why aren't you flagellating yourself by putting in every panel line and invisible-when-complete interior detail in place?

You have learned the meaning of the phrase, "enjoy your hobby".

I am enjoying watching this build.

Stephen

I'm absolutely trying to avoid getting silly with details on this project. And as for fun, oh yes, I'm having a blast with all these little guys. I have the Tamiya FB MkVI to do also, chock full of AM, but this old Monogram kit is wonderfully simple and fast to construct. Since I like the Mosquito so much, I'm playing with different methods to paint it, hopefully learning something in the process that I can use (or not), on the Tamiya (then later the Airfix), kits.

For all the other fighters, they're a mix of Monogram, Revell, Otaki/Arii, Fujimi, Hasegawa, Tamiya, ICM, Eduard, Hobbycraft, and AMT. I hope to have twelve (six pairs), finished by the end of this year, which seems real doable at this point.

Minorish update. While waiting for paint to cure elsewhere, I thought I'd resume painting Mosquito. It appears to me that at least part of the interior canopy tubing will be visible as interior green, so entire area was painted that way. Greenish areas will then be masked off, and exterior colors painted on remainder of canopy area. I've also given topside the first coat of medium sea gray. Tomorrow it gets the green!

gOkacT.jpg

Kevin,

That is coming along Nicely...Good, impressive work..

NICE :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks for looking in. Well, green is now laid on, but in retrospect I think free handing this was a mistake. Oh well, good enough for a ceiling queen I guess. (I still have to touch up using the medium sea gray.)

seKgSF.jpg

Ever looking forward, I'm debating taking this one next, the Otaki P-47D Razorback. Interior color is wrong I think, but no one will ever see it anyway, so I'm not going to bother with it.

Hnxtum.jpg

While it may not look like it, I just spent about 45 minutes adding more pre-gloss coat weathering, scuff marks and the like. Next session I'll finish what I need to do, then gloss coat; I'm very much wanting to get some decals on this bird. A wash is going to do wonders for this beast.

DKCfLU.jpg

Perhaps silly, but I not only gloss coated this today, I also began adding decals tonight.
I usually allow the Future to set for 24 hours, but child like impatience got the better of me. blush.gif I used the "thick and chunky" Tamiya decals.

NpDuPB.jpg

While gloss coating something the other day, I decided to also gloss the decals on some of these fighters, when I discovered I hadn't added decals to starboard side of Yak, or Mosquito. I resolved this oversight tonight.

GAAsqu.jpg

p1CFpC.jpg

Love the way these are coming together mate. For all the rewards of churning out an AMS-driven masterpiece, building the way you're doing it here is still an awful lot of fun, and invokes the joys of modelling when we were kids (but to a much higher standard!).

Kev

Love the way these are coming together mate. For all the rewards of churning out an AMS-driven masterpiece, building the way you're doing it here is still an awful lot of fun, and invokes the joys of modelling when we were kids (but to a much higher standard!).

Kev

I couldn't agree more buddy. My trip today to the (more or less local), hobby shop, did not yield the paint I need for my Mig, so I'll just keep banging away on these other projects, and that's OK with me.