LSP_K2

Den fighters, (forever)

Stephen, I too built all my aircraft models as a kid to hang from the ceiling, doing battle, and this entire ongoing project is an homage to that period in my uncomplicated child life that I sometimes miss so much.

Kevin,

I do not miss those uncomplicated days of my childhood since I have never left them. Well, there was a week or two where I had to mature a little bit to pull the wool over a certain young lady's eyes (and head and upper torso) but I quickly recovered. She is a patient woman as we have been engaged for 1,732 years now, give or take a decade, and she is still waiting for me to grow up.

Stephen

The Otaki 190 is a neat little kit. Built one myself this time last year. It doesn't hold a candle to all the more modern renditions, but it's easy to build, and is light years ahead of what most kit manufacturers were putting out at the time of its release. The canopy is the worst feature of the kit, but it's probably not worth bothering about in your case (I didn't).

Kev

I have about a dozen of the Otaki kits Kev, and I agree; for their time, they weren't bad at all. Certainly will make for some decent ceiling queens.

That's looking great mate. You're making me want to pull out my old build of this kit and give it a fresh coat of paint.

Kev

Thanks Kev. Building these kits this way is so rewarding. My goal is to have the entire ceiling covered with paired fighters; allied vs axis.

Real good day here for doing hobby stuff. It's about 20° outside, so I'll be hunting down the decals and scheme for the FW 190, and staying warm.

Stephen, I too built all my aircraft models as a kid to hang from the ceiling, doing battle, and this entire ongoing project is an homage to that period in my uncomplicated child life that I sometimes miss so much.

When I were first married I hung all my 1/72 scale aircraft on the Christmas tree. My wife is a very tolerant soul back then, either that or she just gave up on me.

But I got rid of all my 1/72 and 1/48 scale models over the years, as well as most of the tanks and all of the built ship models. I traded a lot of the unbuilt smaller kits for 1/32 scale kits and models. Now, aside from beat up built stuff scheduled for sculpture, all I have left are the 1/32 scale aircraft, plus 1/35 scale armored trains for the model railroad.

Again, I see no reason to change from the way I built models 60 years ago. If it looks good from three feet away it is good. I am not saying anyone else should build models that way, but I do.

Like Frank Sinatra used to sing, I do it my way.

Stephen

When I were first married I hung all my 1/72 scale aircraft on the Christmas tree. My wife is a very tolerant soul back then, either that or she just gave up on me.

But I got rid of all my 1/72 and 1/48 scale models over the years, as well as most of the tanks and all of the built ship models. I traded a lot of the unbuilt smaller kits for 1/32 scale kits and models. Now, aside from beat up built stuff scheduled for sculpture, all I have left are the 1/32 scale aircraft, plus 1/35 scale armored trains for the model railroad. Again, I see no reason to change from the way I built models 60 years ago. If it looks good from three feet away it is good. I am not saying anyone else should build models that way, but I do.

Like Frank Sinatra used to sing, I do it my way.

Stephen

Stephen

DO YOU have any photos on here in any of the forums so I can have a look..{ Hinting : Wanting to see them really... :innocent: }

Edited by MARU5137

Stephen

DO YOU have any photos on here in any of the forums so I can have a look..{ Hinting : eanting to see them really... :innocent: }

Well, I still have no idea how to post photos on this forum. but here is a link to a co-op gallery of which I am a member. There are six pieces of my sculpture on it and in one of them I used an old Betty by Lindberg (I think) in a smaller scale, and an old barbie doll, much modified.

http://www.wardnasse.org/3a06p.htm

If some kind person will tell me how to post photos I'll do so. I imagine we have instructions hidden somewhere on this forum.

My next model will be the Streamlined Locomotive to illustrate the one in my novel.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006RKRTW4

Notice how I so deftly segued my reference to my novel. Sneaky old coot I am.

Stephen, sneaky old coot.