fam43

FW 190 V32-U1

Now it was time for the Frankenwulfer to visit a beautyfarm to get some makeup in form of a thick coat of primer.

2011FW190V32-U1-25.jpg

All in all it dosen't look to bad. Hours of filling and sanding have paid off.

2011FW190V32-U1-24.jpg

During drying times I did the engine cowl minus the flaps.

2011FW190V32-U1-27.jpg

The underside looks ready too.

2011FW190V32-U1-26.jpg

Very nice work................I really enjoyed your scratched V-18 project as well.

Im not up for that much work, but do have the Planet models converstion for the new tool Has 190............a DEFINITE future project.

Looking on with interest........... :popcorn:

Cheers,

Brian

Back on the road.

Three months ago my V32 had an accident. I tumbled over a carelessly layed about cable and smashed the bird on the edge of my desk. 80% write off! The cowl and parts from the tail were the only things I could save.

I was really pissed off and wanted to give up the V32. At least after much grumble I started from zero once more and the bird is back on my desk augmented with a four blade prop, exhausts and cowlflaps. Have to watch the floor carefully in future.

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

Looking good, Michael! I had that happen to me and a nearly-finished Manchester conversion I was doing (in 1/72nd scale). The Manchester still hasn't completely recovered. It's nice to see that your FW-190 has.

Regards,

Jason

Micheal,

I feel your pain Brother,I crushed a project of mine after nearly 6 months of work.I'm more than happy you were able to save this awesome project. I'm looking forward to seeing more. It's a very fitting example of the highest standards of skill and craftsmanship my friend.

Highest Regards,

Gregory Jouette

Time goes by. Decided to make a new cowling for a little better looking. New cowl has more depth an nicer cowlflaps. First color is aplied too.

6336623762366464.jpg