Hasegawa 1:32 Me109F-2

Iain

Iain,

To me, it's hard to tell from the photo, as it appears to be washed out with a lot of contrast on it giving the hub and tyre a light coloured look (even so, the hub still seems to be a darker shade than the strut which should have been 02) and the back of the hub on the other side is clearly black. Personally, I would go with the standard of gloss black unless there was a very clear photo or other evidence that the wheel hubs were a different colour. I can't think of a reason that maintenance unit would repaint the hubs in a different colour, and being the plane of an "ace", it was likely well maintained to a high standard :)

Cheers,

Doug

Thanks Mike - not seen that one - helps hugely! :)

I'll be cutting some masks to redo the wheels shortly...

I think that's a slightly later version of the scheme I've done - with upper yellow cowl camouflaged over, additional side mottling and the rear fuselage markings modded.

Thanks Mike - not seen that one - helps hugely! :)

Glad it helped

I think that's a slightly later version of the scheme I've done - with upper yellow cowl camouflaged over, additional side mottling and the rear fuselage markings modded.

Interesting, that seems more logical, thanks.

Have fun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well - she's in the latest Military in Scale - the full build write-up - and on the cover too - pleased with that! :)

mis111201.jpg

BiG Thank You to everyone that provided input on the build! :)

Iain

Beautiful build, I have a special place in my heart for Assi as we've known his family for years and my first correspondence with him was in 1968. Your model is of his Bf 109F-2 W.Nr.5749. The photo you are using for reference is his Bf 109F-4 W.Nr.7183.They both had semi-gloss black wheels but appear lighter as the F-4 wheels are very dusty.

Cheers, Jerry