Belgian 'fabric wing' Hurricane Mk1...

Erwin

Hi Vernon,

Thanks - I'm really keen to see what you've found out! I feel like I've just started a thriller novel, and can't wait to get to the last page! ;)

Erwin,

I am in awe of your results - if I recall right, you brush paint your models? If so, that is an outstanding finish mate. B)

PR

...underside finished with 'silver dope'. (all painting is done by brush )

Guys,this is the last ' in the works' pic of my Belgian Mk1. From now on it's small stuff not worth showing seperate pics from.

When completely finished ,with the decals that Ray is making for me , I will post it again.

Thanks for all the info and nice comments I got from you all on my first conversion.

Just wondering here...but could this be a unique conversion ? Perhaps this is the only 24 th scale fabric Mk 1 in the world !? ;)

post-4-1098858827.jpg

Well, it's a sad testimony to my slowness that Erwin can finish the plane before I can finish the decals!!!

However, I am now done and the decals will go out into the mail on Monday. Here is a scan of the finished sheet so Erwin and you all can see what markings the plane will get. I have to say, I think this is the best sheet I have done yet!

belgianhurri.jpg

I kind of 'borrowed' Chris's artwork for the stencils he sent me for his a/c - hope that's o.k., Chris!

I have to say, I think this is the best sheet I have done yet!

Ray,

What can I say ? But 'thank you !' :) :o

You have gone beyond my expectations on these decals.

I hope my finished model will do your work justice.

When I put the finished model in a topic soon and some nice comments are given.Then you know this is partly your credit too.

Lookin good erwin! :blink: Keep goin!

By the way, if you wait until you have "all the data", you'll never start a model. :D I find myself bogging down in details and little fiddly bits sometimes. Some times it's kinda nice to just build straight OOB.

(but that darn landing gear just doesn't look right, and hey, drooping the flaps is easy........ :( )