Trumpeter 1/32 RNZAF A-4K "Kahu Upgrade"

Guest Peterpools

Anthony

Wonderful progress. Your attention to the smallest details is amazing. Nice work around on the flap hinge. :thumbsup:

Peter :popcorn:

ALF, Harold and Peter...thanks guys!!

Well, I have been playing with my new Nikon D5100, so took some pics today.

Building up the shape of the intakes with superglue....looking pretty ugly.

camcamera027.jpg

camcamera032.jpg

Primer on and scribing almost finished as well as a little cosmetic finishing.

camcamera034-1.jpg

camcamera037.jpg

camcamera035.jpg

camcamera030.jpg

The intake is a perfect drop fit now and will only need a light buff to blend into the fuse and should leave a nice fine panel line.

Have yet to scribe the access panel on the intake lip as well as the light on the leading edge.

Have to finish off the other side now!

Thanks for looking

Thanks Ripaman, a real compliment coming from you!

I should have another update (maybe later today??) with the intakes attached to the fuse.

For those of you that love Skyhawks, we here in NZ are all waiting with baited breath for this new book

http://www.willsonscott.biz/catalogue/military/skyhawks-the-history-of-the-rnzaf-skyhawk/

Don Simms is an ex RNZAF Mech and has been working on this since 1994. It is HUGE and is crammed with photo's!! He worked on our A-4's until their retirement.

Sorry for the plug but Don's a good friend and passionate about the Kiwi Skyhawks, this labor of love deserves mentioning in case you dont hear about it anywhere else!

Cheers

Anthony

Heh, thanks Harv, If anyone has a spare set of Cutting edge Super Fox intakes, I could possibly look at making a set for a resin producer to do, but Harolds ones are a vast improvement over the kit ones.

Here we go, I thought you might like to know where I am at right now. I have fitted my Starboard intake up to the kit and got a pretty decent fit. I had a little blending at the top which I have now primed. This just needs to be tidied up along the inside join where the intake glues to the inner splitter(?) panel between the fuse and intake. Then the panel lines need re-scribing in a couple of places.

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

Might get the other intake on tonight....

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Anthony

Well, I'm not familiar with this aircraft or the version your are doing mate,

but its pretty obvious this is some serious modelling going on!

Those intakes look better than aftermarket stuff.

Superb!

Phil :speak_cool:

Hey thanks guys!

Appreciate the feedback, I have nearly finished the second intake but I am away on business and haven't been able to do anything.

But looks like Aires have a few sets coming so that will save me some detailing jobs!

Cheers

Anthony

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Keith

Well, I have actually been working away on this but I am working on a 48th Harvard build for a friend.

In the meantime I am really hoping that Aires will release a cockpit set I can then upgrade to KAHU and wheelbays etc. And then Eduard will hopefully do an etch set so I can have the wing vortex generators......

Intakes all in and tidied up.

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

Thanks for dropping by

Cheers

Anthony