Trumpeter A-10 2 seater What IF

Youngtiger1

Great job Mike. As one of the few who actually flew her (old 664) I really appreciate your interest in this unique bird. Not as criticism, but as future reference, the original concept was to hose the FLIR and Radar in the landing gear sponsons. Would have been a great addition to the CAS force, unfortunately it was too ugly, too slow, and not nearly expensive enough. It would also have been far too lethal.

Dick Brice, Fairchild Republic, Lt Col. USAF (ret) World's only A-10 WSO.

Thank you for the kind words guys. Last week before Reno Air Races I pulled of the old gal and took it the IPMS Reno show since i've never been there and took second and people's choice award :)

Mr. Brice, it's an honor to read your comments about my Hog. I love this jet and couple off more in the stash to do ;)

I used Verlinden cockpit and cutting exhausts for it and did some scratch building in the wheel wells. I also fixed the engine fans best to my abilities. This was the first time I did my own decals and printed them on laser printer. Also, the weapons are from Academy F/A-18C kit.

Wow Mike... What can i say that hasn't been said? The "Arctic Hog" looks magnificent! Top notch craftsmanship in all aspects of this build... I especially like the camo, looks down right bad to the bone!!! And the homemade decals aren't too shabby either... Cheers :bow:

One more thing to add... Great looking photos, what camera do you shoot with?

/Jesse

Edited by JesniF-16

Thanks Jesse. It sure was a fun kit with few bumps on the way but nothing that we modellers can't tackle. Btw, I used Nikon D2X w/ 60mm lens. I should take newer photographs and write up an article on the beast. Oh and I do believe your F-15E is going to be way better then my Ugly ;)