Hasegawa FW 190A-6

IPanzer

Hi all,

I started building this hasegawa FW 190A-6 "Checker Nose" in august. I decided to build my first 1/32 FW 190 with the engine detail being shown, so I think this would be a very tough work and will last for about 3 to 4 mouths.

I bought hasegawa's old tool 1/32 FW 190 (ST6) just for the entire BMW801 engine detail. There are a lot of mistakes on the old tool 190 but better than nothing. I reconstracted it and I think it is much better now.

Here are some photos of progress.

This is the original engine kits

DSC_0001.jpg

I cut the "push rod"

DSC_0002.jpg

Some details I added

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

The original crank box of new tool (left) and old tool (right)

DSC_0006.jpg

I cut off the old tool magneto and put the new tool magneto on the old crank box

DSC_0007.jpg

The bolts on the crank box

DSC_0010.jpg

The ignition circle

DSC_0013.jpg

Konrad, that is superb! Where did you get the placards from?

Kev

Thank you, Kev :BANGHEAD2:

What you mean placards are the decals I get from an old 1/48 dragon's FW 190G-3 of mine. I think it is suitable for the nameplates on the engine.

That's a real work of art.

Shame you won't be able to see any of it behind the fan, or are you going to have some of the cowls off?

Thanks, Allok. Yeah, I'm gonna have the both side cowls opened, to show the engine in a real way.

Thank you guys! :lol: Hope you enjoy it.

Nice brass work! it looks great

How did you bend the tubing for the intake pipes? They are all perfectly the same and not collapsed at the bend.

Hello ron,

Those intaking pipes are made of no brass tube but brass bar, so it wouldn't collapse when you bend it. But it is really much tougher to bend a brass bar than a tube. :thumbsup:

Konrad.

Thank you guys! :lol: Hope you enjoy it.

Hello ron,

Those intaking pipes are made of no brass tube but brass bar, so it wouldn't collapse when you bend it. But it is really much tougher to bend a brass bar than a tube. :thumbsup:

Konrad.

Thanks for the clarification. That engine looks great, one of the best I've seen on line

Cheers