Waldron Placards

Michael51

Hi Everyone,

As you can tell, I am a NEW Member and have been like a kid in a candy store, looking at Post and Pictures of Members Builds...I may be out of my league, however I do have a GREAT time modeling.

I recently decided to build Trumpeter's P-51D and have been looking for detail sets and kits to help me with it. I ran across, in LSP, Waldron Products Cockpit Placards for a 1/32 Spitfire and was curious if this is a product that is still available and if so does Waldron Products make a 1/32 Placards for a P-51D?

I also Posted, earlier, for help locating a Moskit Exhaust and/or G-Factor Landing Gear also in 1/32 Scale for the same build, so if anyone has information on these as well as the Waldron Placards, please contact me.

Any and all help is welcome and always GREATLY appreciated!

Godsspeed,

Michael

Michael,

I don't recall ever hearing of G-Factor landing gear for 1/32-scale P-51s, and Sprue Brothers don't list any.

Although Roll Models' website doesn't allow direct links to particular catalog pages, you can find Waldron's P-51D cockpit placards -- item WRP031 -- there by going to their Search the Catalog page, selecting "Waldron" and "1/26 to 1/35" on the Manufacturer and Scale pull-down menus, respectively, and then clicking the Search! button.

Charles Metz

Michael,

I don't recall ever hearing of G-Factor landing gear for 1/32-scale P-51s,

Charles,

Sprue Bros. does list them. They are a new item which just just turned up on August 18, but quickly sold out.

Cheers,

Jim Whitley

Sprue Bros. does list them. They are a new item which just just turned up on August 18, but quickly sold out.

Jim,

Thanks for correcting my error. They were even in the list to which I provided a link! blink.gif

headwaller.gif

Michael,

Here's a direct link to the P-51 landing gear in Sprue Brothers' catalog. Sprue Brothers are very good about keeping wants lists and restocking, so I recommend clicking the "Notify Me Upon Availability" link on that catalog page if you don't find another source. G-Factor's own website seems to have disappeared, so I hope they're not out of business; the company's former URL now leads to this.

Charles Metz

Charles,

Cheers,

Jim Whitley

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the link. I emailed Spruce Bros and they told me that the G-Factor landing gear are still available, however G-Factor is one guy so it usually takes a while to get "Sold Out" Items back in stock but they eventually will. I did as you suggested and used the "Notify Me" option when the item returns to inventory.

Thanks again,

Michael

Michael,

I don't recall ever hearing of G-Factor landing gear for 1/32-scale P-51s, and Sprue Brothers don't list any.

Although Roll Models' website doesn't allow direct links to particular catalog pages, you can find Waldron's P-51D cockpit placards -- item WRP031 -- there by going to their Search the Catalog page, selecting "Waldron" and "1/26 to 1/35" on the Manufacturer and Scale pull-down menus, respectively, and then clicking the Search! button.

Charles Metz

Thanks Charles,

Used your'e information and I have the placards on order.

Thanks,

Michael

Charles,

Cheers,

Jim Whitley

AHHHHHH CRAP!!! I didnt know those even existed!!!! (Well kind of didnt know........)

Well horse-hockey..........Those look SURPRISINGLY familiar..................They look exactly like the white bronze gear I got with my Fisher Red Baron..........except nothing about G-Factor on them......:rolleyes:

Damn. could have really used a set of these for my Dixie Boy build. Crud. Well im a bit far in at this point anyway. But if they ARE the same set, they are GORGEOUS in person

gfm32019.jpg

Brian

• 4 months later...

hi

anyone know where i can see pics of all the Waldron products, and who has their stuff in Europe maybe?

RollModels don't have pics, and neither do Hannants (who also don't seem the full range anyway)

RollModels shipping costs outside of USA are maybe some kind of joke - i mean why even bother if you put this on your website??

OTHER FOREIGN COUNTRIES - MAIL ONLY

Others: 40% of Order

$25.00 Minimum Shipping Charge

Will ship by air, always. No other options are available from the USA.

Additional charge may apply for oversize packages.

so... i buy some photoetch stuff worth say $10 which weighs less than an anorexic ant and they want to charge me $25 shipping?

some people i WANT to give my money to; some i don't...

also, if i was Mr Waldron or whoever makes this stuff (which by all accounts looks excellent i must say), i would be pretty p*ssed if this was MY main retailer - wouldn't you??

yours rantingly,

Nick

Edited by nmayhew

Yea, I used to use Roll Models & stopped using them due to their shipping charges.

Its a shame cos they have a great on-line store.

Unfortunately some things can only be bought from Roll Models such as Waldron so I just do without now.

I find Spruebrothers shipping costs a lot fairer so use them whenever I can.

Martin

Roll Models own Waldron. I wanted to place an order for placards last year and was put off by the shipping price, but I was placing an order from Sir jerry of Rutman, and asked if it'd be alright to have the Roll Models order sent to him, then all sent to me, which he very kindly agreed to. So I get the box off Jerry open it, inside is his goodies and the Roll Models box, bigger than expected, open it to find the placards and a printed catalogue! The thing weighed more than all the contents put together, a complete and utter joke. If you could buy them from Design and Marketing the shipping cost would be about $1.

A few of us on here bought some Waldron stuff as a collective to save on those ridiculous postal costs. Perhaps with the Tamiya Spit IX and VIII being popular, and the forthcoming XVIe, there could be another group purchase?

A few of us on here bought some Waldron stuff as a collective to save on those ridiculous postal costs. Perhaps with the Tamiya Spit IX and VIII being popular, and the forthcoming XVIe, there could be another group purchase?

I doubt it would work, after all who'd get the precious catalogue, printed on real paper... the precious! Baraccuda have a resin set with placards http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BCR32003 but alas no precious...