Handley Page Hampden

Cees Broere

Yeah, but it is still very flimsy and the tail is a bit warped, it had been like that before

I cut it out of the sheet, but with a bit of reinforcement here and there it should work

out okay. I also made the lug that fits on the wing pick up point but I forgot that

it will not be seen as a section of the wing passes through the fuselage and also

provides better strength to support a wing spar. I hope to make this whole thing

one rigid structure so that the loads are not transferred to the glue joints which might

split apart.

Fun fun fun

Cees

Cees,

Just a thought as to the tail being wrapped.Had the same thing happen my KI-45 and what i did was to cut half of the fuselage and pop it open.Then i cutout a few shimes and placed them inside the cutout until the tail plane lined up and glued shimes into place.Wasn't much.But not sure as to the pull of the part that is.Looking good and keep it up.And to u'er remark.Fun,Fun,Fun.U'er just getting to having fun and then the fun begines when u get to doing the cockpit and the other interior items that go inside the hampden.Larry

• 3 weeks later...

Short update,

Still sticking bits of plastic strips inside but it's beginning to look like

the interior of a Hampden. A new floor (the third version) has now

firmly been glued inside the starboard half. Further building up of

the fuselage structure is ongoing. This takes time with no obvious

progress but it is progress.

Cheers

Cees

post-1045-1282149540.jpg

post-1045-1282149551.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hi Phantom,

The Hampden has been put on the backburner while I am working on a Dragon Mustang.

It's a change to make something "simpler" than scratchbuilding an entire interior.

But the majority of the structural details are finished and look very good to me :closedeyes:

In time I will pick it back up again as I seem to change from project to project almost as

much as I change my underwear (Correction: I change my underwear more often).

Then there is the HP 0/400 still languishing but not forgotten......

Cees