Miles M-20

spacewolf

Aaaah! You know that all is well in the world of modelling when you are back

with your building Vaughn!

Love the attention to detail.

Great stuff!

Phil :speak_cool:

Glad you feel that all is well now that I'm back gluing little bits of plastic to little bits of plastic ! :rolleyes: It feels good to be back and getting closer to the finish line.

Cheers

Vaughn

Ok, here we go. The weekend wasn't too bad but I didn't get as much done as I would have liked. The MLB playoffs took up a large amount of my time !! :speak_cool:

Figuring out how to do what I wanted to do slowed me down some too, so it was do a bit, walk away and think about it, come back and do a bit more.... scratching the big stuff is easy...doing the tiny bits is a royal pain !

I painted the side wall and weathered it, then following the picture I have as close as possible I built the panel and instrument as I had the others and glued it in place.

post-2514-1286843500.jpg

Next came the fuel line, made from twist tie wire. Paper wrapped around and glued with super glue was used for the clamped section. Extra thin bits of paper made the clamp's on either end. Paint was a mix of Vallejo and Tamiya.

post-2514-1286843718.jpg

The panel and counters just under the fuel pipe was just a angle bit of 1/16th scrap with a bit of the negative glued on with fingernail polish.

post-2514-1286843853.jpg

With everything painted I glued the bits in place...

post-2514-1286844093.jpg

post-2514-1286844113.jpg

One of the lower pipes is attached to the cockpit floor, the instrument panel attached and the T handle is almost ready for paint.

post-2514-1286844217.jpg

Hopefully I'll get the rest of the cockpit done this week. Most of the stuff is done so I can get back to the big bits ! :speak_cool:

There is a bit yet to do, the gun sight, the seat harness and I need to redo the rear control runs from the throttle quadrant as they got trashed while fitting the floor and seat, but getting close to being done.

post-2514-1286895452.jpg

post-2514-1286895471.jpg