How are you doing your wiring harnesses

Please respect the copyright laws of the picture shown

I can't help you with your request Keith, but I might suggest that you credit the model and/or photo to its respective owner - unless it is in fact your model.

Kev

Hey Guys:

I have a question regarding wiring harnesses. See the attached photo and it clearly shows some sort of fitting where the spark plug wires are attached to the cowl wiring harness, i.e. ring. What is that called? Is it called a wiring loom maybe? Didn’t you like it when Monogram used to call the parts by their name rather than just a number. It was very educational.

I do not have the name builder of the F4U photo but if he will contact me I will give him credit or if he wants it removed I will comply. This is just shown for illustrative purposes. Please respect the copyright laws in regard to the photo.

post-9038-1267032849.jpg

I did not have the names builders of the phoitos shown and wish to cancel this post. I have e-mailed the administors for help.

MtFlyer

Don't sweat it Keith, it's fine. I think it's sufficient to provide some clarity on the origins of the image, which you've now done. We understand that you're using the image for illustrative purposes, and you've made it clear that it's not yours. Should the builder contact you or us and ask to have it removed, we shall comply, but there's no need to worry until then. My comment was really aimed at clearing up the ownership issue.

Now, can anyone answer Keith's questions?

Kev

Aber an armour after market PE company does a sheet of 1/35 hydraulic fittings in PE http://www.airconnection.on.ca/ABER/ABERAC...BER_PE35R24.htm . They look incredable when bent to shape and I will be using some when I get to that stage. Also if you can find a hobby shop that sells car there are a couple of lines of detail parts out there. Including braided fuel hose and various fittings. hope that helps some.

James

Don't sweat it Keith, it's fine. I think it's sufficient to provide some clarity on the origins of the image, which you've now done. We understand that you're using the image for illustrative purposes, and you've made it clear that it's not yours. Should the builder contact you or us and ask to have it removed, we shall comply, but there's no need to worry until then. My comment was really aimed at clearing up the ownership issue.

Now, can anyone answer Keith's questions?

Kev

THANKS KEVIN, you have been very understanding.

I've been buying Detail Masters parts for a while now and I think they're great. They sell some of the thinnest wire I've ever seen.

Went looking at DM and was wondering; since they're producing for 1/24 & 1/25 cars, are their smallest #1 fittings/connectors appropriate for our 1/32 planes?

Hope this question isn't too stupid.

Fred

I believe that is the Corsair of Brian Cauchi. Fine build that is...Maybe PM him and he might give you insight.

FWIW......

Thor, who loves Cauchi's work......

I thought it was Brian's build. But I looked all over LSP and couldn't locate it and didn't want to credit the wrong person.

MtFlyer...aka...Keith

Went looking at DM and was wondering; since they're producing for 1/24 & 1/25 cars, are their smallest #1 fittings/connectors appropriate for our 1/32 planes?

Hope this question isn't too stupid.

Fred

Fred: I had the same question would a 1/24 connector be out of scale. A one inch connector in real life would be 1/32nd of an inch in 1/32nd scale. I had some 3/64th brass tubing which is just a hair over 1/32 of an inch and it looked good. But I couldn't cut it without having 50% of them fly into the carpet. The DM sight didn't give the actual measurement . Since a couple of people said they tried tried the DM # 1 connectors and liked them.

I decided to order a set and see how they look.

MtFlyer...Keith