New project-P-38E cockpit in Revell kit

JRutman

Uuuuh-Jerry? Is it done yet?

G

Thanks guys and Geoff,nope,still workin on horsies. Come to think about it though,aren't YOU getting a little side tracked on that big thing? I don't see no 1/24 scale bird on it's legs yet? HHHMMMM?

J

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gettin all the 38s together. There are other kinds of "38s" that I also like but the P-38 will have to do for this web site. Anybody want to see me working on this again? Any interest?

J

HELL YES !!!!!!!!!!!...........Harv :speak_cool:

Ok,back from my airplane modeling break. As the conversion set is done I can work on this bad boy again. I was experimenting with riviting and "oil canning" on the middle tail plane of this old revell beastie. There are a lot of little dings and dents to fix now.

002-67.jpg

003-33.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hey Jerry,

Did you finish it?

Not hardly. I took a little time off from the flying thingy stuff. Coincidently though,I pulled this beast out a few days ago to check it out. I am slowly getting to the point where I will pick it up again as I really like the project and early P-38s in general. Thanks for the ether version of"slap me upside the haid".

J

• 2 weeks later...

Being fairly new to this site I've only just come across this magnificent project... I am almost rendered speechless.

I didn't think my scratchbuilding skills were too bad... but compared to the mastercalss here I am merely an ameature! Jerry - this is simply stunning work... I have never seen such accuracy and attention to detail before...

Now get back to it so I can dribble some more! :fight:

Tom

Being fairly new to this site I've only just come across this magnificent project... I am almost rendered speechless.

I didn't think my scratchbuilding skills were too bad... but compared to the mastercalss here I am merely an ameature! Jerry - this is simply stunning work... I have never seen such accuracy and attention to detail before...

Now get back to it so I can dribble some more! :fight:

Tom

Very kind words coming from a modeler such as yourself sir. I am actually working on it at the mo. I just received a new set of props from the masters I sold to Greymatter and I am trying the hairspray technique on them. Keeping my fingers crossed as I am still an airbrush neophyte. I keep getting inspired by the awesome builds on this site such as the one you are building and the He111 that is getting the full rivit treatment. While this is all very cool info it keeps getting me bogged down in adding additional detail to the P-38. I would love to finish the thing some day but at this rate who knows?

J

• 3 weeks later...