New project-P-38E cockpit in Revell kit

JRutman

I'll be spending some time later reading through it in detail, believe me. Very cool to see how you went about this. I was planning to pick up one of the GMF sets you made to back-date my Revell kit, like Chris is doing, but a friend has generously offered me one of the Cutting Edge sets for free, so I'm going to give that a look before I drop the cash. If it's not too bad, I might make it work. 

I am particularly pleased to see how you did the cockpit, as I generally prefer to scratch those myself. Awesome work, my friend!

Tim

I actually pulled it out this past weekend and gave it a once over. It is starting to pull me back in. I liked the guy that just painted the sealing tape marks on his build and it gave me some confidence.   Some.  I said some...

J

Dood...build it. Youve got gobs of ability and skill..geterdone

• 5 months later...

Hey Jerry! Have you done any more work on this recently?

Sadly no,  I am full tilt into the huge challenge of trying to get half decent at building and painting figures. Since I have no skill or patience with an airbrush, figures are a better option for me.  All that aside,I would still like to see this done as the early 38s are one of my favorites and seeing that last pic of one with the teeth on Harvs' thread really fired me up.

J

Sadly no,  I am full tilt into the huge challenge of trying to get half decent at building and painting figures. Since I have no skill or patience with an airbrush, figures are a better option for me.  All that aside,I would still like to see this done as the early 38s are one of my favorites and seeing that last pic of one with the teeth on Harvs' thread really fired me up.

J

Sounds like fun, and something I'd like to get better at myself. I am looking forward to seeing your 38, though, as I've been following your pit build in preparation for my own in the near future.