New project-P-38E cockpit in Revell kit

JRutman

Hi Jerry,

I think that as patterm making goes, wheels and tyres (or tires) are my nemesis...I do not look forward to making those!. You have done an excellent job there Jerry :speak_cool:

Cheers

Derek

Hi Jerry,

I think that as patterm making goes, wheels and tyres (or tires) are my nemesis...I do not look forward to making those!. You have done an excellent job there Jerry :goodjob:

Cheers

Derek

Thanks Big D

I took another step with the canopy. Derek mentioned that his nemisis was tires/wheels,well mine seems to be keeping clear parts clear while adding detail. I made the leading edge outer frame for the rear caopy out of lead foil and the 2 inner clear stiffeners out of an old rear canopy reject. I see that I have to slightly re-position the rear stiffener as it isn't high enough. The older P-38s had these funcky clear stiffeners so I took the challenge. Convincing? I will hopefully use the lower framing( when I add it )to cover any gaps between the clear parts and the fuselage.

001-37.jpg

Got down to some painting on the pieces for the pit. The throttle tower is done and the left hand floor is on the way. I seem to have lost the left side light control box. Gotta make another one. Very busy pit. Still a bunch of stuff to make that goes in there. I keep finding more as I look through the maint. manual.

001-38.jpg

Jerry,

The office looks amazing; the detail in the area behind the seat is spectacular. :bow:

I agree with others the cockpit looks functional! :speak_cool:

I have the same issue with the clear parts. :BANGHEAD2:

Barry

Jerry,

It looks like I could climb in and fire it up!

Thanks Shawn,I wish I had the bucks to own a real one! LOL

That is an amazing pit!

Thanks Ron

Yes That is some fine detail wonderfull cockpit :popcorn:

Johan

Vielen 'dank Johan

Jerry, fantastic detail. I wouldnt expect anything less from a master as your self! One question...how do you do your toggle switches? I have heard of guys useing tooth brush brisles......Harv :evil_laugh:

Thanks Harv,

For the toggles I drill a small hole with a twist drill and use fine wire from a sewing shop that they use to stiffen collars on shirts,etc. I glue it in the hole,cut it off and when dry,cut it to length. There is the answer to your evil laugh,

J

Jerry,

The office looks amazing; the detail in the area behind the seat is spectacular. :bow:

I agree with others the cockpit looks functional! :innocent:

I have the same issue with the clear parts. :hmmm:

Barry

Thanks Barry,

I am thinking about re-making the framing as the leading edge looks too thin and the clear stiffeners look too thick to me.That is what is cool about building for yourself,no time line to maintain,

J

Thanks Barry,

I am thinking about re-making the framing as the leading edge looks too thin and the clear stiffeners look too thick to me.That is what is cool about building for yourself,no time line to maintain,

J

It's nice to be able to "keep your hobby a hobby!"

Thanks for the kind words Herr Blutwurst!

It seems like I worked a long time today on this but don't have a lot to show for it. I re-made the leading edge frame on the rear canopy,painted the pedals and installed them,added the pilots fresh air intake(still unpainted)added the spare fuse box and the radio control box and then re-made the light control box that I lost. I must paint the control box and other little detail and then the left pit side is done! Not seen in this pic is the detrola box on the right floor. I still have to add the hot air ducts to the floor,radio compartment and windscreen area,scratch the gunsight and canvas sunshield and frame out the windcreen with the armor glass holder,etc but the pit is pretty far along now.

001-39.jpg