Revell 1/32 F-4F convert to HAF F-4E

periklis_sale

Hi guys!

Just manage to get a REvell 1/32 F-4F on Modelzone sales!!!! I am planning to conver tit to an HAF F-4E SRA.

This is my first 1/32 scale model.....and read all about the problems of Revell's Phantom.

Firt thing i wa slooking to correct is the cockpit, but i am stragling a bit

I am plannig to make one from scratch but i really dont know any dimensions etc etc etc....

Does anybody of you have dimensions or even better drawings soft copies (AutoCAD, PDF etc) for the cockpit?

Any help!!!!

please

There are a lot of us that would like to have drawing of the Phantom cockpit.

I've been wanting to find access to one to measure but no luck to date. :rolleyes:

I have been working on a Phantom cockpit here: http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=24509

I'm working to make it universal as to the actual structural aspect.

You are welcome to use anything I have posted if it be of help.

Barry

Hi guys!

Just manage to get a REvell 1/32 F-4F on Modelzone sales!!!! I am planning to conver tit to an HAF F-4E SRA.

This is my first 1/32 scale model.....and read all about the problems of Revell's Phantom.

Firt thing i wa slooking to correct is the cockpit, but i am stragling a bit

I am plannig to make one from scratch but i really dont know any dimensions etc etc etc....

Does anybody of you have dimensions or even better drawings soft copies (AutoCAD, PDF etc) for the cockpit?

Any help!!!!

please

Nice to hear from you again Periklis :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I have nothing that is of use to you on this project, but I think that the HAF F-4F is really cool and is one that I would also like to make one day, so I shall be watching your posts with interest. One of our Greek LSP members (Manelaos) may be able to help a little more, as he is well into all HAF aircraft and may have some relevant reference to assist you, so good luck.

One thing I would like to know myself, and that is the full size diameter or measurements of any of the cockpit instruments. This would enable me to scale any cockpit layout drawing to the correct scale - this would provide at least some idea of the correct instrument panel size?

Regards

Derek

I have some drawings that i made in AutoCAD of the instument panel and side consoles but what i am looking for is the depth of eack of the tubs FWD and AFT.... for the rest i will use what revell is given

bary can you provide us with photos of the tub becide a ruler?

thansk

I have some drawings that i made in AutoCAD of the instument panel and side consoles but what i am looking for is the depth of eack of the tubs FWD and AFT.... for the rest i will use what revell is given

thansk

I believe I have some but if not I'll shoot some.

I also have a request out to a Phomer Phantom Phlyer that has a rebuild actual Fwd Instrument Panel with all Instruments.

He also has an Ejection Seat in his "Man Cave"!

Barry

thansk

Here is what Bob sent me:

"Okay, here are the dimensions. They are accurate to within 1/64” (the eyes ain’t what they used to be!)".

ADI and HSI: 5” wide x 5.25” high.

Airspeed, altimeter and radar altimeter: 3.25” x 3.25”. Aft cockpit instruments including the attitude indicator are identical.

Engine instruments (nozzle, tach, egt), fuel qty, and TAS: 2” O.D. Fuel flows are just a hair over 1 15/16” O.D.

Oil pressure and hydraulics are 1 9/16”.

Pneumatics 2”

He is working on getting me actual Fwd Panel measurements.

Barry

Here is what Bob sent me:

"Okay, here are the dimensions. They are accurate to within 1/64” (the eyes ain’t what they used to be!)".

ADI and HSI: 5” wide x 5.25” high.

Airspeed, altimeter and radar altimeter: 3.25” x 3.25”. Aft cockpit instruments including the attitude indicator are identical.

Engine instruments (nozzle, tach, egt), fuel qty, and TAS: 2” O.D. Fuel flows are just a hair over 1 15/16” O.D.

Oil pressure and hydraulics are 1 9/16”.

Pneumatics 2”

He is working on getting me actual Fwd Panel measurements.

Barry

Good stuff Barry :goodjob:, that'll do nicely for starters (I have always wanted to know what the standard size of some of the flight instruments were more most American fastjets :)). If anyone has a cross-section drawing of the fuselage cockpit stations in 1/32 scale, this may help Periklis?

Thanks

Derek