Who wants "Rolls-Royce" nameplates for the rocker covers on

tbell

I'm having some custom photoetched brass done to duplicate the missing "Rolls-Royce" on the Tamiya Spit's rocker covers:

800px-Rolls-Royce_Merlin_-_West_Yor.jpg

It doesn't come cheap, so I was hoping to get some folks to help spread the cost out a bit. Anywhere up to six folks would cost about $10 per person, any more than that would drive the price down.

I would pay for the up front costs and would only ask for money after I'm happy that they turned out OK.

Send me a PM if you're interested!

Cheers,

Tony

Now that's a nice toy?

PayPal?

Which side of the pond are you on?

I'm in Canada, and PayPal will be just great. It probably won't be until after the holidays that I know the final price and how many folks want to go in on it.

What you need to do is get the PE done, glue it to the rocker covers, then cast the rocker covers in resin. Much cheaper way around the problem.

Are you using a computer font to do the lettering? If so, I can send you a vector file with an exact duplicate of the real lettering (which isn't a computer font). Send me an email to jrh - at - pemtel - dot - net and we can talk!

J

I am talking to someone about doing a resin master, but I'm going to see how the PE goes first.

I actually did the artwork up based on a high res version of the photo in my top post. It's in a raster format (a Photoshop .psd file), but it's very clean and very high res. It's also enormous. I'll drop you an email to get the vector file since it might be a little less unwieldy!

Count me in for at least enough to cover 3 engines!

I dont have a Tamiya Spit yet (Im working on a Mk XIV spit right now but its Griffon pwrd) however, I am planning on doing a Tamiya spit at some point........as well as having a RipMax Mossie that would get complemented nicely by those plates...

Cheers,

Brian