Junkers 88 A1 detail photos

very nice detail pics but terrible colour..they really need to do something with the details on that Ju 88..

that is not how a Ju 88 leg should look like at all regarding paint..and i also see that they are missing the covers that goes on the leg itself ( to cover up the round holes in the upper part )

one of those covers can be seen hanging loose on the leg on this picture

post-5311-1232231488.jpg

They realy have to shoot the guy with the paint gun All over the world they do more damage then good and if he's dead dig him up and still shoot him My god

Lol you can better get them out of a fjord there they did not come with the paint gun.

Groeten johan

some "restorers" should change their title to destoyers.. so they proudly can say..I `m destroying a aircraft.. but that is something that puzzles me..one see the original colour..and suddenly they decide that we paint it in a completely different colour..now whats up with that..it was the same with our He 111 when it was restored back in the 70.it was brought down from the mountain in splint cammo..but noooo..they painted it all grey.. " as they said..we found some traces of grey on it..so it had to be gray ( ever heard of primer ? ) even thought it still had plenty of splintcammo left.. when we repainted it we just followed the outline under the new painted grey of the original splintcammopattern

thank god we got it repainted.. now it looks like a warbird again ( propellers up for painting this week..just so that is said !!

got a email from a certain modellcompany here the other day ( not saying which :P ) and they are looking into following up the Battle of Britain serie they have just started in 1:32 with another aircraft that we have .. not saying what aircraft..hint below.. ;)

something i have been working for a few months now

but this is all just thoughts yet and we will see what happens..hehe it all depends on how well the first goes in the shops :)

now i guess i dont need to say any more..as anybody with over 12 in iq will figure out what its all about..hehe

post-5311-1232234915.jpg

Guttorm,

Those covers on the u/c legs look to be a different colour to the legs and it is not clear how they are fastened in place.

I've just been looking at some photos of the C-2. Are all the internal structural members anodised in a gold colour and, if so, is that how these covers are finished?

Iain

Hi David,

thank you for these useful and good pictures. I think it possible to see the weird part in one of your pics. I made a copy of one of your pics (hoping for your permission to do so. If not please drop me a line and i will delete it) and added a red arrow to where i believe to see this part.

post-3756-1232281620.jpg

Do you or someone else have more pictures where one can see the exact location of this strut. It is noteworthy that this strut is not on the engineering drawing Guttorm posted before...

Best regards,

Thomas

this may be a reinforcment added on later versions as its not on the A1..

all structural parts are anodized in gold colour and the same goes with these covers !

they also had some writing on them ( but not sure what as the writing has been washed of )

they were fastened with small feathersprings

this one ( on the picture ) has gotten a dent in it but here one can see the colour and also that something was written on it

post-5311-1232284540.jpg

They realy have to shoot the guy with the paint gun All over the world they do more damage then good and if he's dead dig him up and still shoot him My god

Lol you can better get them out of a fjord there they did not come with the paint gun.

Groeten johan

I do not believe this is neccesary. I still think that "those" people do the best they can although they make mistakes. But hell, aren't we all human???

Rick.

got a email from a certain modellcompany here the other day ( not saying which ) and they are looking into following up the Battle of Britain serie they have just started in 1:32 with another aircraft that we have .. not saying what aircraft..hint below..

something i have been working for a few months now

but this is all just thoughts yet and we will see what happens..hehe it all depends on how well the first goes in the shops

now i guess i dont need to say any more..as anybody with over 12 in iq will figure out what its all about..hehe

post-5311-1232234915.jpg

My goodness Guttorm. A 1/32 Ju 52!!!!

Really!!

MBB (with an iq of 10.5)

we all make mistakes..thats right..but one got to take into consideration that back in the 70`s details were not that important.. it was mostely just have a aircraft looking like something..one should have belived that since it was not that long since the war one would take care of originality but they dident care ( just look at the Komet in england with original paint way up in the 70`s and then they repainted it in some fanatsyscheme.. today that would never happen..and in the 80`s they said that it was the golden area of warbirds as one could see a few fly and people had restored what they thought was the only restorable aircrfats left..but today aircrafts that would have been scrapped in the 80`s are restored ! so if that was the golden age we must have entered the diamond age ;)

but even if they painted them wrong..they survive..that is what we have to be grateful fore !! paint can always be redone..scrapping cant !!! :)

over 21 000 views on this thread..wow..thank god not everybody asked questions.. ;)

but i guess i have done something right making this thread ;)

and lets see what will turn up in 1:32 ..a Ju 52 would be nice.. hehe but theres anotherone i want to see first :)

Hi Thomas,

No, I think you have got it wrong! The correct positioning of part D127a is where my arrow shows. Your arrow is pointing to the longer arm of part D127. Note how part D127a blends into the parts it is joining on the outside (red arrows) so no join is noticable. The angled end of this small part, which has the round locating pin, goes to the small hole just above the linkage on the right on part D125, and its other end locates in the hole at the centre of part D127, just above the linkage. You've then formed a sort of tetrahedron. Of course on the other side everything will be in mirror image. Part 128a should be used. It's moulded, but not mentioned in stage 71.

13b.jpg

I'm just looking at the instruction sheet now and I notice that Revell have drawn these stages incorrectly! Stage 72 shows the whole wheel assembly being put into the wrong wheelwell. If you look at stage 73 it shows the airbrake outboard of the nacelle, so the wheel is pointing inwards. We all know this is not right!

Hope that you can sort it all out, Thomas. And thanks for mentioning it, but you are very welcome to copy any of the photos. I shall post a few more later.

cheers

David