V-1 flying bomb.

All parts can be painted first and joined without glue...(first coat added)

The instructions do tell to intall the engine first. But I did away with the rims on the enginemounts so I can add the engine after painting.

v1-3.jpg

I"m assuming there wasn't much effort being put in the paintwork by the Germans as the V-1 wasn't suppose to last very long.

A simple lower blue and upper green camouflage

Howabout this for a displayidea... a " viewingbox". I can't just put the model on a shelf. A stand will do too,but I rather do something more.

A paleblue base and background. The V-1 held in the air by two fine steelrods.On the blue base I add some cotton to represent the clouds.

Then I build a 72 nd Typhoon which I cut in half just behind the canopy and glueing that to the background creating the illusion of a fighterattack.

Then perhaps a half 72 nd V-1 bomb stuck to the background thus creating a multiple V-1 attack.

It will only get that 3 D illusion when vied from the front.

Just need to find a way to make the engineflame. Any ideas ?

Just a brainstorm I'm playing with.

Can't think of a convincing way to represent a flame in plastic. Some model company tried it years ago for a smaller scale V1, I think. They made a sculpted plastic, bright orange "flame" a couple of inches long to glue to the exhaust outlet but it didn't look very good.

Looks good, Erwin!!! I actually ordered one of these after seeing your build!!!

As for the display thing, I have seen some jets displayed in flight with an acrylic rod inserted into the engine. It does a pretty good job of portraying the hot air coming out of the engine. Maybe with a little clear yellow and orange paint towards the outlet...

Looks great Erwin!

Two questions for you now that it's finished:

1) At 1/18, what does that measure?

2) Any more pics for the gallery now that I've started it?

Nicely done as always...

Looks great Erwin!

Two questions for you now that it's finished:

1) At 1/18, what does that measure?

2) Any more pics for the gallery now that I've started it?

Nicely done as always...

Thanks Dave.

It was realy nothing special to build. Not a lot of parts and a simple paintjob.

Model is 36 cm long and a span of 30 cm.

v-1-7.jpg

v1-8.jpg

v-1-9.jpg

• 2 months later...