1/32 Hobbycraft P-51A

ironman1945

Beat me to it.... :angry:

On the other hand it looks like a bigger copy....wrong word....of the AccMin Allison Mustangs IN THE PARTS BREAKDOWN, differant noses wings etc, which should mean it will be pretty good. Now to be able to do a Mustang I OOB

Lets hope the Canadian Dollar goes down in value vs teh American Dollar so I can afford one! :P

Matt

The wings and fuselage parts are to be sold specific to the kit being released. Here is what Cybermodeler had to say over two paragraphs:

"Note: These are still test shots, albeit one of the latest, but what you see here may still change by the time the kit hits the streets in late 2007. It appears we have the P-51 and P-51A trees here."

"The kit appears to consist of five parts trees, plus a single tree of clears (that were not available for this preview). What you're seeing here are actually two kits. Several of the parts trees are duplicates, so I won't repeat them except in the first photo to show you the fuselage interior as well as the exterior. Note: You won't get ALL of these trees in one kit, just the wings and details for one version. Hobbycraft was kind enough to send two versions for us to preview."

HTH

Mark Proulx

Also to add another .02 to the discussion.

There is an A-36 also planned as the release notes from earlier this year and I'd swear the box art on the side of my Panther both call out an 'Axis Attacker' boxing of the A-36. just the specific bits should be included with the wing sprue...just like AccMin did if I remember right (the A-36 was the first one I built all those moons ago)

Since they are doing it right, including down to the two differant props, it would be a natural that they pop off a 4th wing to do a Mustang I...wouldn't it? (where is that praying smiley when I need him!)

The biggest 'what if' that results from this release is will Hobbycraft follow the road laid down by AccMin by eventually releasing a P-51B/C. The hints to that may be in the P-51A wings to see if they have locators for the fairings flashed over in the outer wings, what Accurate missed the first time.

Matt

Gee Wiz, another kit that can have RCAF markings to it. I really am a convert. So who wants all my 1/48 scale kits...? This scale and this site rocks!! Thanks for the heads up guys...

Cheers

Brad

Brad

Yes, thats what I was thinking as well, more RCAF markings. And yes you need to get rid of all your "dark side" 1/48 scale stuff. 1/32 is the way to go!

Dave/Ironman1945

It does indeed look like a scaled up version of the Accurate Miniatures kits, which (I guess) is a good thing.

I whish they'd gotten the wheelbays right however.

Every modeler knows about this recurring problem yet no one (except Jerry Rutman) has made the simple effort to correct this.

Too bad.

These kits look promising though.

Surely the wheel wells won't be that much of a problem since you rarely (if ever) see the wheel covers down, on Allison-engined Mustangs; similarly the flaps stay up, too. Speaking as one who converted the Revell P-51B, once, and did the dazzle black/white P-51, I'll be happy with it.

Edgar

Surely the wheel wells won't be that much of a problem since you rarely (if ever) see the wheel covers down, on Allison-engined Mustangs; similarly the flaps stay up, too. Speaking as one who converted the Revell P-51B, once, and did the dazzle black/white P-51, I'll be happy with it.

Edgar

Edgar, as usual, you make perfect sense...!

Cheers

Brad

Surely the wheel wells won't be that much of a problem since you rarely (if ever) see the wheel covers down, on Allison-engined Mustangs

Unfortunately, the "every-kit-has-it" error occurs in the very part of the wells that was never covered when a Mustang was at rest. Aft of where the landing gear legs lie when they're retracted, the well should be open back to the main spar -- i.e., as far back as the aft wall of the compartment where the wheels lie -- except for the fore-to-aft wing formers.

Charles Metz

I will believe it when I see it actually for sale on the market!

I saw the test shots of both the 1/32 P-51A and the Sea Fury last October at the Chicago Hobby Industry trade show.

So what?

The Hobby Craft Sea Fury was listed in their 2005 catalog. It is now 2007.

You guys can go nuts over a promise if you want but I will not get excited until I can go into a hobby shop and touch the actual kit or get it on the internet (and not a backorder or pre-order).

Until then it is all hot air. :angry:

Unfortunately, the "every-kit-has-it" error occurs in the very part of the wells that was never covered when a Mustang was at rest. Aft of where the landing gear legs lie when they're retracted, the well should be open back to the main spar -- i.e., as far back as the aft wall of the compartment where the wheels lie -- except for the fore-to-aft wing formers.

Charles Metz

EXACTLY! If only these manufacturers would engineer the wells as a seperate insert (like Hasegawa's new-tool Fw 190s), the problem could be easily solved. :rolleyes:

I will believe it when I see it actually for sale on the market!

<snip>

Until then it is all hot air. :angry:

Spot on. This kit has been popping up on the 'net for over two years without ever hitting hobby shop shelves. I have as much faith in seeing this one sitting on the hobby shop shelf as I do seeing the Hasegawa 1/32 Bf 109F... ;)

D