Fisher 1/32 Sea Fury Non Korean war markings!!!!!

gunpowder

Heres the progress on one of my latest builds. The superb 1/32 Fisher Sea Fury.

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture010-2.jpg

Picture009-2.jpg

Here it is with my MDC Typhoon

Picture013-5.jpg

Heres the colour scheme im going for. Anyone know if they would have carried any underwing stores whilst in this colour scheme?

fury1.jpg

I need to know if the undercarriage on these early sea furys was silver or the usual sky? I also still havent found out if they carried the rockets or drop tanks.

Model has been pre shaded and the 2 colours added. I will be using the roudels from the Revell Spitfire Mk22.

Picture014-4.jpg

Picture015-4.jpg

That's looking very nice at the moment. Is it just the angle of the photo or does the Typhoon wing really dwarf the Sea Fury's? Looks substantially larger in the shot with the two models together.

Kev

Bryan:

That´s kind of a beatifull kit you will end up with.

Rigth now Im building mine also and the kit is a joy to work with.

And giving that we are in question mode: the wheel bay is the same sky color as the underside, right?.

I will go for the Carmaichel scheme but have not been able the confirm that the wheel bays on this were sky also.

On other topic, any tip or hint for the Typhoon?. Mine will show up some day now.

Regards,

Edgar

CHANGE OF PLAN!!! Due to the fact that i wanted bombs and rockets on my Sea Fury , and due to the fact that the more i looked at Korean ones the nicer theylooked , i decided to change the colour scheme. Now this is my first attempt at invasion type stripes. Theryre not 100% but i am more than pleased with them. The stripes on this particular one dont go past the ailerons for some reason. Anyway , heres some new photos for you all.

Picture084-1.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Hi gunpowder....geez that's slick, schmick, and quick! :blink:

I love the Sea Fury, and the work you are doing on this kit is very, very nice! I reckon those stripes look brilliant.

Great work mate, we need to see this baby finished!

Cheers

Ango

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LSP_Jay L

A superb result. This was one of my favourite kits I have built to date, and I hope to do another at some point.

Yours looks fantastic and you have done a great job with the finish.

Cheers,

Jay

• 6 months later...