All GB's: Feedback thread.

Erwin

3 months is too short for the GB.

Not everyone can crank out model kits at such a prolific rate. I would have liked to have participated in a few of the recent ones but the short window of opportunity and conflicts with other on-going projects caused me to miss out.

Just my opinion...FWIW

Jeff

That depends on how much one wants to invest into his model...

...doesn't help at all, if you got a serious lack of motivation, as me at the moment... <_<

But I have no say in this matter.Even as Events Staff.

Not true at all <_< . All the opinions expressed by all members are considered with an open mind. Members are often the source of good ideas. We consider the opinions offerred with the needs of all the members.

The staff have mentioned in the past that the 4 month period is likely to be more suitable.

Stay tuned but be patient. :unsure:

Thanks Matt

Dear members,

I am resigning as LSP Events Staff , effective emmediatly.

My decision on this matter is final.

I shall not explain what led me to resign as I don't want to be called a "mudslinger" towards the other Staff member.

Greetings ,

Erwin

Uh??? :lol: :blink: What the heck?? :lol: :huh: l am sorry it came to this :D :D

hacker :) B) totally confussed at that

If nothing else, this will free up Erwins time to build more models. :)

We are going to miss you as the GB moderator Erwin.

I know the 4 month option has been discussed, but I'm wondering if they need to be longer still! (We have yet to see someone complete a Lightning)

There's no reason why they can't overlap.

Some more ideas while I'm at it;

-Multi engine

-Multi seat

-Jets/Rockets

-Night Fighters

-New release

-Non Military???

-Post WWII-pre modern(Already been suggested but I like the idea)

-Modern. This would probably have to go back to the sixties though, just to get in the Harrier, F-14, F-4 & F-5. Or perhaps it could just cover certain decades, say 1945-1960. And then 1960-1980 etc.etc.

Almost forgot...

-Helos

-Multi wing (I love that willow and everybody has a moth in their closet) Perhaps we could have a Tigermoth GB!!!

If I'm going to go that far, we could easily have a Spitfire build or a Fw-190.

What do you guys think?

Guest LSP_Jay L

Hi Guys;

I've been giving the time length thing some thought, and I wonder is 6 months may be a good length of time or if it is too long. There is a necessity to keep it from going too long so that the interest is maintained, but then I think we have found that 3 months is indeed too short for guys to get projects completed.

Perhaps we should look at and try 4 months and see how that goes. After all it is only models and no one will die if the experiment doesn't work out... :rolleyes:

I will raise the issue with the other staff guys and we will discuss the options and for the time being we will handle all of the Group Build activities until we can find a suitable replacement for the LSP Events Staff.

Allok;

Great suggestions and I am sure that more than 1 or 2 will make it into the poll when that comes up.

Cheers guys,

Jay

How 'bout 3 GB's over 4 months, two GB's spread over half a year and one very long term (like the Tigermeet GB) over a whole year? :rolleyes: The short for the fun and the long for the more serious/ambitious projects and/or slow builders (though that shouldn't keep anyone from doing a quick OOB-fun project in that time, too).

Stay tuned but be patient. :ph34r:

:rolleyes: errrr???

Thanks for the ideas for the next poll. I'll have a new thread up in discussion so you can see whats new. We'd be interested in your contributions.

Cheers Matty

• 3 weeks later...

Jay and I are the only ones around for the moment. At this stage lets extend the finish date of the PTO GB until Aug 1st to see if we can get some more kits finished. Finishing seems to be our problem.

The poll for the next GB is ready to go in a few minutes notice. We'll run this in two weeks time so that punters can gear up for the next build.

Cheers Matty

Heeeey, Matt, i second that, let's extend the finish date of the PTO GB, i "surely" must have my kingfisher "up-and-floating" by Aug 1st.....i hope:O)

Jack.

OOh...Mike and I thought of you whilst on holidays and we got some super secret Kingfisher photos for ref material of various parts....drop me you email and I'll send them through if you like. Its mainly the float and attachement point, some of canopy framing. Mostly it was in bits.

Cheers Matty

Guys, appreciate it very much, have some documentation on the subject but anything else is most welcome, i'll PM Matt....

TIA

Jack