"Old Revell" Kiwi Corsair ; FINISHED

Allok

A bit of free-hand Camo.

I'm choosing the 3 colour "4 tone" scheme.

post-1256-1169445615.jpg

post-1256-1169445543.jpg

post-1256-1169445644.jpg

The Mid-blue has been giving me a rough time. A bit of condensation in the compressor tank wanted to be part of my model

Cheers Guys. Gotta long way to go before I get near what Cauchi can do.

At the moment, I'm using Tamiya acrylics on everything. They're water soluable, easy to mix and the bottles screw directly onto my airbrush.(saves on cleaning up)

The colours used here are XF-17 & 18 for the upper surfaces with XF-2 underneath. I should probably put a bit of white with the two blues but I'm happy with them as they are for now.

The interiors are usually done in Japanese Imperial Navy Interior green (XF-71) which is not actually correct but close enough.

I will be doing the rear fire wall in flat aluminium (XF-16) and the cowl interior ended up flat black (XF-1).

For a flat coat, I have been using Micro Flat but this yields mixed results.

One of the reasons I have decided to use the raw Tamiya colours, instead of adding white for "scale fade", is that I have a few more RNZAF planes to do in these colours and I want them to be consistant.

The other reason is because I'm extremely lazy.

Trust me, I'd rather just paint the engines black and glue all the cowls shut! (Eat your heart out Brian)

I think most of the planes we received were second hand- already flogged half to death by the Marines. So yes, a little weathering is in order.

Gloss coat first, then decals, then chips, then probably whites and dusty tans whith some smoke to finish. Thought I might even give the tyre tread thing a whirl!

I dread this bit, especially after all this work. The whole thing can turn bad real quick.

Anyway, it should happen this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the decals are on, I'm waiting on some serials. These are pre weathering shots for my archive... just in case I bugger it up.

Only a few little bits and pieces to go now.

Pictures160.jpg

Pictures164.jpg

Pictures166.jpg

Hey look, some hand painted lines!

I doubt that ANY RNZAF Corsair EVER looked this clean.