Big Mosquito

Lancman

The most terrifying moment, cutting out the canopy :ph34r: I think it came out not to bad, so it will get a dipping in some future and stored away until I need it. Now that I have the shape for the cockpit I can start with the detail.

Mossiecanopy.JPG

Mossiecanopy1.JPG

Graham.

looking very good mate, nothing to be terrified of, i can always send another one up there!!

glad youre enjoying her my friend, cant wait to see the finished article. btw several mags would be interested in the bild.

rgds ian

Here is my progress today, I have built the cockpit floor from plastic card and fitted the resin bulkhead. There is a template with the plans and the only part I had to modify was the main floor part, which was a bit short. It was the same for the instrument panel and I again used some plastic card but I will fill the front with Milliput “white” so here it is resting in place.

buildfloor.JPG

build.JPG

build1.JPG

build2.JPG

Hope you like it so far.

Graham.

Here are the white metal parts for the cockpit cleaned up, you get the following: contol column, pilot seat supports X2, switch panels X2, quadrant, compass and instrument panel. The metal is very soft so you have to be really cautious when using the file.

metalwork.JPG

Graham

Added some detail to the pilots seat and added the navs seat plus one of the resin bits to see how the cockpit was shaping up, just waiting for the MDC sutton harnesses for the seats and it really needs a coat of paint :D

cockpit3.JPG

Graham.

Thanks for the comments guys it's much appreciated and helps keep the spirits up :D Anyway here is what's happened so far. I was a bit unhappy with the position of the pilots seat so I have moved it forward by 10mm, I measured the Tamiya kit where the navs seat is and it measured 13mm so I made this slightly shorter at 24mm and I think it looks better. I have started the painting and I am waiting for the MDC harnesses for the seats and their 32nd instrument decals as I am hoping because the panel is black and using clear varnish for the glass that they will look ok also shown are the switch boxes, throttle box, scratchbuilt seat adjuster and trim wheel.

Modified.JPG

Painted.JPG

Graham.

Interesting :D . Thats the first time I've ever seen arm rests on an aircraft seat from that era. It'd kinda make egress in an emergency tricky don't you think?

Certainly not a shake n bake kit mate but it looks like you're having lot of fun. Am enjoying watching you build it. I'm learning heaps.

Cheers Matty

looking sooooo good graham, as per our e mail earlier am i ok to use this build on my site....i'm sure people would be interested in it. will post tyres & stick mon / tues, van shed a cam belt so am awaiting the repairs....bill is gonna hurt!

rgds ian

Matt as far as I can gather the arm rests were fitted but the right hand one which was on the inside of the aircraft lifted up but who knows and it helps break up the green, it's hard finding real decent stuff on the FB as most sites have bomber images but I have found a few gems.:D :D . Ian by all means you can use this build if you think it would be helpful.

Here is a link to a FB.VI

http://www.kiwiaircraftimages.com/mosquito.html

Graham.