1/32 Hasegawa P-51D

Ironwing

Greetings All,

To all you guys that commented - thank you. It's been a long project and your comments have helped greatly. The light at the end of the tunnel is visible - dim - but visible.

Scott,

Im planning on finishing this in natural metal. That in itself is scary, but it's the direction I'm going. As I said to Kluas. If I mess it up, I can always paint it green and gray and do a 357nth bird. As far as markings go, I have no specific aircraft in mind. More than likely it will be a blue or yellow nose if I can get a good enough NMF on it. I'm waiting to see what Eagle's new sheets look like before I make that decision. Otherwise I'll do something generic.

Boness,

Most everything about this thing is a bear to handle. The wells were no exception. Im sure yu have the ability to do wells just as good or better. I use small diameter solder for the plumbing. It's very cooperative and stays were you put it. A small touch of CA makes the final hold. On something like the Mustang's wells, were there is alot of structure visible, you have to plan well in advance to make sure you have some way (and place) to put the plumbing in. Also, be willing to spend lots of time. I didn't watch the clock while working on the wells, but I have many hours invested. If you would like to try the solder I use, drop me a note and Ill send some to you.

Again, thanks guys, keep those comments (good or bad) coming. It's good to hear from you all.

Hope all are well,

Geoff

Chris,

Hijack anytime you like. Your inputs are always helpful. The stuff that comes from Buffies is good stuff. The solder I have was being thrown out due to shelf life expiration and the price was perfect. The stuff I used in the wells is .010. Its great stuff for sure.

Geoff

i like what i see, geoff. very clean work there and i like the hydraulic lines alot. the center pylon... lol! jerry once showed me a picture of it and i jast said: "Wow! thats my baby.... can one close the middle doors, hehe?"

maybe you can take some closeup pictures. i dont know what camera you are using but if you take a makro be sure to use autosample and a stative. then everything should be quite in focus.

this mustang is going to be a beautiy. i hope your paintjob on the camoflage will work out as fine as the rest did so far.

cheers klaus

Hi Chris, Klaus,

Nice to hear from you guys. That Mantz Bird is coming along nicely Chris. Keep it going forward.

Klausi, how's that Lizard coming?

Things are going forward on the Mustang. Trying to get a decent finish primer coat on it so I can try the metal. Just not sure which one to use and I'm kind of fence sitting on the nose color. Blue or yellow? Then there is the issue of markings. Montex masks for the insignias? Why is this so hard? :)

Hope you guys are well

Geoff

Hey,Ironwing this is going to be one nice bird Ihave two of these kits

one is getting the blade for a p-51b this build will help me forsure

keep it up

cheers

As far as markings go, I have no specific aircraft in mind. More than likely it will be a blue or yellow nose if I can get a good enough NMF on it. I'm waiting to see what Eagle's new sheets look like before I make that decision. Otherwise I'll do something generic.

Geoff,

Profile paintings that show the schemes that will be covered by Eagles Editions' forthcoming 357th FG sheets can be seen at:

http://www.eagle-editions.com/decal101-103.htm ,

and one of the schemes on their soon-to-be-released Preddy sheet can be seen at:

http://www.eagle-editions.com/preddy.htm .

If you're aware of those profiles already and meant that you're waiting to see the quality of the sheets, well, I think you can take it for granted that they'll be both well-reseached and beautifully printed, like all Eagles Editions decals.

Regards,

Charles Metz

Geoff,

Your Mustang is looking simply stunning...most convincing wheel bay I have seen by far. The solder works really well for the u/c bay piping, I must try that someday. I look forward to the next installment.

Regards

Derek