Mals A6M2, Tora Tora Tora Is Finnished......

Mal_Belford

Thanks Rick for them kind words.

Next step lets see..nav light at the end, small assebly parts as gears and so on.....prepping and masking for big paintjob.....also it looks like it goibg to be my first timer with Tamiyas Primer from a rattlecan....im a bit ambivalent...dont want to ruin anything so ill do a testrun on pieces o scrap first....

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks all for them kind words...

This evening nav light at the tail....old scool effect to create a lightball...namle drill a hole, that gets the illustion of a lamp, then white in it....

glued it in place, sanded it smotht and polished it, yeah...it looks to long right..but wait...explenation on next pic.

IMG_0630_zps3bpqxgdk.jpg

Im going to mask of the tip only, that creates a frame for the lamp, only a 1/2 mill, wehe all paint comes on top.

IMG_06301_zpsihp1oh3q.jpg

And now the CRAP that happen this evening.....dang that capilarry force, remove it quickly....Oh well...no panic, this is easy peasy to fix....

IMG_0631_zpsqopi36z1.jpg

the damage on the deck...no panic here, it is perfectly under the line and easy peasy to fix...NOTE when this happen DONT DO ANYTHING, only separate the canopy from the fuselage, the key is let it cure, since the glue softens the plastich and it needs to be in rest....before anything else is done...so let it cure for 24h at least....

IMG_0632_zps6ttjeveg.jpg

Anyone want i turorial how i fix the canopy, i pointing this at them who follow this thread, and not them experianced that know how to fix thees kind of things that in fact can happen. ;)

So say hello and ill show how i do it, and many others. note im not the guy that uses floorwax.

Well...now a well deserved beer....or lets say 2, 3 5 6 lol....

IMG_0633_zpsk4sttdq8.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Mitch.

Done sanding with 2000Grit, then nailpolishing stick, then florys polishing stick, then last used a carwax the one with micro grain in it so it is mirror gloss inside.....

Now the rear canopy in place....this time old scool carpenters glue, it is damn tight space between that deck and canopy...as seen liittle pva gly as squeezed up (that white...it is drying still) , but not above the line, far from it so it wont bee seen, and let it bee..so this is perfect. then that movable canopy in place to prevent dust and micro fibres to enter the cockpit, yeah

every builder been there, when that micro annoying fiber find it way in and settles in a place that can not be reached wit a brush or anything to remove it...yes later there will be if it is open canopy on a display....but for now...none...lol

IMG_06351_zpssirf2yi1.jpg

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Dr Mal ... way to go and some great advice on to to back track a bit a fix what goes wrong. Terrific advice. Of course, I didn't forget the tail light ... love those little details.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter.

When things go wrong in modelling...take it easy in mind...swear a bit....fix what need amidiate attention as in this case (many others) remove the canopy...ler it be and take a break and not let frustration take over wich ofter makes things worse....

so something else instead..

Works for me always......

/Mal

Thanks Peter and Kev.

Little done this sunday afternoon.

The prop and spinner. is done

IMG_0645_zpstlkm7mgz.jpg

IMG_0646_zpsi2ukuml7.jpg

Tiny error sneaked in....when i put them labels on the blades, i went frpm the center of the prop joint, realised later, it supposed to have the spinner on and them labels should outside the spinner  :doh: oh well. ill let it be, ill live and survive this matter.....its only a model after all...

IMG_0639_zpsc88rbmv4.jpg

IMG_0644_zpsfytdbu2k.jpg

Next stop more assembly and start to mask that canopy..

/Mal