Mals A6M2, Tora Tora Tora Is Finnished......

Mal_Belford

Allrght, im back......

big home renowating project is done, so now new project awaits namely Tamiyas A6M2, time period will be 1941 December 7-8.

this project will include a aircraft carrier deck as a baseplate for this one, the build will be quite clean since they never got that wear and tear and worn down in real i think, little scratch will be done example them ignition wires, and the gunsight, and some small wiring in cockpit,

655c21e0-3656-4059-ba67-070e2782609b_zps

yep...important before any build, handwarmwater and dishing liquid, remove the casting residue that may bee there.

IMG_0334_zpsa37ac82b.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Guest Peterpools

HI Mal

Glad your 1:1 renovation is done and you're back at the bench. What a great project and dio to follow and enjoy - of course, it's going to be done; Mal's way. OK, all the relaxing is over and it's time to start gluing up plastic.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

HI Mal

Glad your 1:1 renovation is done and you're back at the bench. What a great project and dio to follow and enjoy - of course, it's going to be done; Mal's way. OK, all the relaxing is over and it's time to start gluing up plastic.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter...yep Mals Way....Relaxing is over true, but this will be fun.

Allright...

Time to put the bar up a few notches on this build i think....

Spark plugs, them spark plugs...only a tiny lump casting on them heads to simulate spark plugs, drill them smal lumps away....well...as usual, got to try do new ones, used the isolation from a vga cable, and then copperwire, experimenting here wich will work, well, i think this will do just fine....

yes they will be trimmed to proper lengts, they are sligtly to long...as i said, just trying and testing....this will work i think.

IMG_0342_zpsef9a0c61.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford

Thanks Karim and Kev for them kind words...

@Karim.

Ive used the inulation cable, removed the twinned wire inside it and used thebinsulator only...the took a copper wire ;)....since did not want that twinned look on them ignition cables...

But more to come....now good Italian wine and a movie...yep godfather 2...suitable.....yes ;)...

/Mal

Allright....

As bad things happen.....accidently snapt a engine part, that round tube that the ingition wires goes from....heres a pic on that part that needs to be scratched (ive took a pic from my other zero to use as a template for the new one) also looked at some reference pics....

IMG_0343_zps7941eec3.jpg

well several hours later, this is MK III i tries, and this is a go....learning the art of scratchbuilding....

IMG_0347_zps5d7a1c3e.jpg

/Mal

Guest Peterpools

Mal

No question about it, you sure haven't lost your touch and the MKIII replacement looks better then the original.

Keep 'em coming

Peter