Air Defense Gray

phantom

Gentlemen,

I am getting ready to paint my 179th FIS/148 FIG F-4D. I always thought that there was an ADC gray or am I mistaken? Is the color I am looking for Aircraft Gray?

Thanks

Mike

I was just at a HobbyTown USA and they did not have it. I called my old hobby shop and he didn't have it either. They have AMC, Air Mobility Command gray now. Not sure what aircraft fly in the AMC.

Mike

I was just at a HobbyTown USA and they did not have it. I called my old hobby shop and he didn't have it either. They have AMC, Air Mobility Command gray now. Not sure what aircraft fly in the AMC.

Mike

C-5's, C-17's, C-141's, etc.

I am getting ready to paint my 179th FIS/148 FIG F-4D. I always thought that there was an ADC gray or am I mistaken? Is the color I am looking for Aircraft Gray?

Post-war US colors do not have names, only numbers. One reason for that is because what's "aircraft gray" to you might be "gull gray" to someone else. The color you need is FS 16473. There's no official name for any FS color, so you can't mix them up if you use the correct number.

Gentlemen,

Thanks

Mike

Hi Phantom II,

Always love those 16473 finishes on F-4s, and am hoping to complete two this year (North Dakota D, and Keflavik Black Knights E, both based on the Tamiya kits). Have got some masks from Ian at Ad Astra after having difficulty with inkjet clear decal (silvering, not printing issues).

What are you using for the Minnesota Guard markings? Are there decals or masks already available for that in 1/32 scale?

Best of luck

tony t