New on the bench, Academy 1/72nd scale B-29A "Enola Gay" Build

Tomcat14

Hey guys I am back from a short Hiadus from the forum due to being extremely busy at work and have just now had some bench time. I decided to start this build along with the 1/32nd  scale F-8 Crusader build to go back and forth to keep me busy while I build. I am going to do this one in the "Enola Gay" markings and I am going to try some different Bare Metal technics on this one. I have done the Cockpit and sleeping area and will be putting the fuselage together tonight. Hope to have her in paint by this week sometime. Enjoy. 

Chris 

20170326_131206_zpslqf2dkbp.jpg20170326_125711_zpsjbkpmsp3.jpg20170326_125833_zpsmjk3knxm.jpg20170326_125741_zpstrnaul0w.jpg20170326_125803_zpsgylxmpt4.jpg20170326_125909_zpsr5gkxf3v.jpg

20170326_125921_zpsv4zsadia.jpg

Thanks Kevin, Thanks Harvy, yea I might do a bit of light weathering., and thanks Martin, yeah I will use the Kit provide weapons for it and may put on a base as a Diorama, not sure yet.

Chris.

Thanks Kevin, Thanks Harvy, yea I might do a bit of light weathering., and thanks Martin, yeah I will use the Kit provide weapons for it and may put on a base as a Diorama, not sure yet.

Chris.

I always though the arming pit and B-29 would make a very cool display. I've got some decent photos of the arming pit too.

Chris,

Nice start to the interior. A little weathering of the pit would do it wonders.

Even in 1/72 scale a B-29 is huge.  Looking forward to seeing how your Aluminum skinning comes out.

Joel

Hey Shawn, Thanks very much :thumbsup: for the offer but I all ready have her buttoned up. This kit is a better size for me than trying to build the Monogram 48th scale B-29 which you could go to town on the interior, but with This kit by the time you put it together you don't really get to see much of the insides anyway, :doh:  thanks though, I am going to focus on a perfect Bare Metal Paint Job I hope. :shrug:

Chris 

Edited by Tomcat14

Hey Shawn, Thanks very much :thumbsup: for the offer but I all ready have her buttoned up. This kit is a better size for me than trying to build the Monogram 48th scale B-29 which you could go to town on the interior, but with This kit by the time you put it together you don't really get to see much of the insides anyway, :doh:  thanks though, I am going to focus on a perfect Bare Metal Paint Job I hope. :shrug:

Chris 

Generally I agree, but even the Monogram kit (which I have one of here), doesn't lend itself too well to going all nuts on the 'pit area, as the thicker clear plastic will distort what will be able to be seen. I'll do mine as a ceiling queen, regardless.