Bf109 E-1 "White 13" 7./JG54 Arno Zimmermann

nmayhew

hi,

here is my completed Eduard 1/32 Bf109 E-1.

this aircraft was flown by Unteroffizier Arno Zimmermann of 7./JG54, and crash landed on the beach at Lydd, not far from where i live, on October 27th 1940.

the full build log is available here:

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.ph...mp;#entry223334

many thanks,

Nick

IMG_6649.jpg

IMG_6653.jpg

IMG_6650.jpg

IMG_6656.jpg

IMG_6660.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

IMG_6666.jpg

Hi Nick, You've made it!

Took some time, but it shows the part!

Love the paintjob.

What's next?

Cheers,

Jeroen

he he - i feel like i ran a marathon!

i think it will be armour for me next: i want to do a blog on Military Modelling as the guys on there are really nice and friendly (kind of like a tracked-LSP!), but it is suuuuuch a ball-ache to upload pictures on there as far as i can see, i think i will give it a miss.

the next plane i do could well be a 190 D-9 stationed in Czech late in the war...i have all the reference material, but i need things like wheel wells and a load of Eagle Editions stuff which costs, and i just don't have the cash at the moment

i also want a break from mottle camo, as i am having problems with lifecolor acrylics and / or my airbrush!

cheers,

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Ray,

My build log is a bit long-winded at times, but i did go through things step by step, so if you want to see the do's and don't's of building this kit (God knows i managed quite a few of the don't's!) then hopefully it will be of use.

Certainly i made things a bit trickier for myself than i needed to sometimes, and occasions i just plain goofed, but i think i showed some of the pitfalls to look out for.

Anyway, glad you like it.

Will have to be the E-7 trop for me next - that JG27 logo and early desert camo is just the best in my book.

Cheers,

Nick