F-105D Alice's Joy

dora9

Hi, it's a build I did some time ago for the Vietnam GB, you can find the WIP in here http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=51805

It is based on the Hobby Craft rebox of the Trumpeter kit. It is the second version of Alice's Joy so that's why you don't see the sealant around the windshield. It was painted over.

Model was backdated, modified spine and removing the plates under the wings.

P1080390_zps7dd4fa05.jpg

Colors are a custom mix using Model Master and applied on a black primer, the black basing technique.

P1080386_zps3166ed1d.jpg

P1080387_zps2ebe7cd2.jpg

P1080385_zps5a143081.jpg

P1080377_zpsb8b3f144.jpg

For the exhaust petals, I used four different colors to achieved that burned metal look.

P1080384_zps6123936c.jpg

P1080383_zps00183629.jpg

Since I got the model really cheap, I threw all the resin and metal gears I could get my hands on.

Took me two month sharp to build it! It was really a race! Never build a model in such a small amount of time.

In the end I think the result is quite good.

Cheers!

Edited by dora9

What a great looking Thud! I have one of these in my stash but don't want to build it as I can imagine it's very big when finished and don't have anywhere to display it. But now I have seen yours looks so great I may have changed my mind!

What a great looking Thud! I have one of these in my stash but don't want to build it as I can imagine it's very big when finished and don't have anywhere to display it. But now I have seen yours looks so great I may have changed my mind!

Go and have a look at the WIP, you may get inspired!

Absoluteley beautyful..., one of my favorite birds..., you did a great job on this one!!!!

Thanks, it was quite something building this big bird!