Me-262b

Rob Colvin

I have the trumpeter kit......I know revell put a new kit out.......I know absolutely zip about the jet. My question is......is the revell kit that much better or just build the trump kit and be happy? I have looked at pics of both and the look pretty close. What are the goods and bads of both kits? Short version LOL

Thanks

Rob 

I have the trumpeter kit......I know revell put a new kit out.......I know absolutely zip about the jet. My question is......is the revell kit that much better or just build the trump kit and be happy? I have looked at pics of both and the look pretty close. What are the goods and bads of both kits? Short version LOL

Thanks

Rob 

I recommend searching this site and IIRC Hyperscale.   All has started to be revealed.

Rick

As I see it - both are great kits... Revell has more accurate: landing gear (weight displacement of the oleos), wing sweep angle, surface detail (lack of rivets which is accurate), canopy, cockpit tub details etc. Trumpeter offers a more robust thicker plastic, and slightly inaccurate areas (see above). Overall both kits build into beautiful models. Your choice...

Post edit: Revell offers a nice price and availability over the Trumpeter kit.

Cheers,

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

I have the trumpeter kit ...

Given that the 'accuracy' issues mentioned are only noticeable to those with an extremely keen eye and that you already have the kit ... stick with the Trumpeter.

How ever much cheaper (or not, in some countries!!) the Revell kit is ... it would still cost you something extra to buy it!

It was a close run thing here in Australia ... in the end, getting the Revell kit for $15-20 cheaper was what got it over the line with me ... 

I have the Trumpeter single seater already and am completely satisfied.

Rog :)

I have both on the shelf, both have their issues, Revells is less expensive, engineered just and more modern. Both have different cockpit configurations, even the dated Hasegawa's mod kits cockpit is different.

Yes Revells is new, but if you have one or five of the Trumpeter kits build them, they are pretty nice kits as well.

I don't have Trumpeter's B but I do have the A and it is improved by filling the rivet holes (there are visible rivets on the 262 but they aren't holes) and removing the two circular projections each side of the cockpit. There is a tricky mould line to remove from the fuselage halves too and I'd recommend removing the attachment points for the cockpit tub from it and the fuselage as they were not on the real thing, are visible from below and aren't necessary anyway.

Apart from the oleo height issue, those changes improve it quite a bit. I think Radu pointed out that Trumpeter's canopy is off too actually and as he knows far more about it than I, I am willing to accept that.

Id just go with whichever you can get for the better price.

To me the dufferences dont warrant rebuying kits of aircrsft I already have.

There have been plenty of outstanding builds with the Trumpeter kit and it goes together nicely.

There is a Revell build here and you should be able to draw yiur own conclusion from that which suites yiu better.