Messerschmitt Bf 110 1:32

Artful69

Hi All

:help:

BACKGROUND:

A while back I purchased a REVELL 1:32 scale Bf 110C-4 for my “Bltzkrieg 1940” display … I ended up wanting to give it some C4!!! :blowup:

The tooling is a disaster … and with over 75+ kits on the go (mainly German armour) …

I was quickly fed up with it … It was mothballed until such time as my skill improved to the level that some of you have attained :bow:

Less than a month later Dragon release a Bf110C-7 … I use a LOT :wub: of Dragon kits for my armour and the tooling is superb … very easy to assemble … so I bought one … and while I haven’t commenced assembly yet … test fitting parts have confirmed my confidence in Dragon :party0023: … Sooo

With ROG failing me on their 2012 releases – read no Do-17Z (circa 1940) :crying: … I have decided to revisit the Bf 110C-4 idea …

QUESTION:

What VISUAL differences exist between the C-4 and the C-7 ??

(The theory is to purchase another C-7 Dragon kit and utilize the decals from the Revell kit)

A list of mods required?

I also have a Revell 1/32 Me-110 in my stash. Sorry to hear that it's not the piece of cake I'd hoped for. Picked it up several years ago because the price was right and I assumed that it would be a quick and easy, connect-the-dots build on which I could then practice my painting skills. Still haven't gotten around to it, though. What problems, specifically, do I need to be ready for? On second thought, instead of an assembled model, maybe I'll just do a diorama depicting the crash site of Rudolph Hess's Me-110. I seem to remember that it was a C-4, and I have several pictures for reference. As the old saying goes, "When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade."

Jerry

I also have a Revell 1/32 Me-110 in my stash. Sorry to hear that it's not the piece of cake I'd hoped for. Picked it up several years ago because the price was right and I assumed that it would be a quick and easy, connect-the-dots build on which I could then practice my painting skills. Still haven't gotten around to it, though. What problems, specifically, do I need to be ready for? On second thought, instead of an assembled model, maybe I'll just do a diorama depicting the crash site of Rudolph Hess's Me-110. I seem to remember that it was a C-4, and I have several pictures for reference. As the old saying goes, "When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade."

Jerry

Jerry ...

More putty will be used than at a cheap panel and paint shop!!! ...

No ... seriously ... you'd have to pester the rivet counters on accuracy for panel lines etc (none of which worry me at all on THAT scale!!!) ...

The MAIN issue I have is the overall fit ... the nose cowl (covering the quad machine gun battery is particularly nasty!!)

I have 98 kits (I've counted my collection since the original post :blush: ... mostly German Armour) in various stages of completion for 5 LARGE dioramas ... the LAST thing I need is to be fiddling around for hours with rudimentary stuff you know? ...

Now I'm sure that there's plenty of folk here with the patience of Job ... and I must admit that the quality of work that can be achieved with effort is FANTASTIC ... but I have only so many hours to play with ... so it becomes a cost/benefit/time/money equation see??

If you read my original post ... you'll see that I have built or am in the process of building a LOT of Dragon kits ... and even their early stuff is decent ...

The C-7 is 3rd gen (read freaking accurate!) ... Enter the Dragon Jerry ... you won't be disappointed!!!

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

FWIW, I've got one of each (plus a Revell G-4 with all the Rutman trimmings - thanks Harv!), and I'm going to build them all. :wicked:

Kev

Lol Kev ... for me ... driving my Paasche airbrush is a difficult proposition ... and I'm not fantastic with detail ... I'd rate myself "mediochre-to-okay" at best ... I NEED the "stampers" to do most of the work :D ...

In light of the above, I think I'll relegate this particular kit to my "pass box" of rejects that I'll try to unload at my next yard sale. If that fails, there's always Goodwill. I'm more of an assembler than a builder, and I don't have much patience for kits that require a lot of TLC to put them right. I've got a stash of great kits (like the Revell He-111) that I'm champing at the bit to get to. I'm in this hobby for relaxation, not frustration.

Jerry

Be aware that although the Dragon Bf110 kit fits well, the instruction sheet is a complete disaster! It is so error ridden as to be mostly unsueable (wrong part # callouts, parts shown in the wrong location, parts missing from assembly, etc.) I had to actually use the Dragon 1/48 Bf110 instruction sheet to interpret their 1/32 sheet.

Just FYI,

Marc B.