"Any Time Baby"

LSP_K2

It's my fervent hope to finish this little guy before this winter is over. I started this a couple of years ago, as a follow on to another caricature that I had done. I certainly messed around and missed a great window of opportunity to sell a couple of the finished figures when the Tomcat was phased out of Navy service, but oh well. Proportions are most definitely off some in this rough layout, but are easily refined, and certainly will be. A lot can be done with Super Sculpey and Fimo if you keep working at it. I really want one of these figures as a companion piece to the Spook figure, so I have no real choice but to make it for myself, plus it's fun.

Pose%201_zpscevcabgb.jpg

When I did this first caricature, it was simply because I wanted one, and there were none available that I was aware of. During the process, a friend asked what I intended to charge for copies. I was stunned. I stated that I had no intention of selling it, I just wanted one for myself. I did, as it turns out, sell many copies and it was a great thrill for me to think that other modelers would lay down good money for something that I created with my own hands. The "Any Time Baby" caricature will undoubtedly go the same route, followed (I hope) by the "Warthog" figure.

Spook_zpszlqleg8l.jpg

Sorry Kevo, I've had to move this topic over here to General Discussion, as per the guidelines for Work in Progress. Looks a very interesting project though, and if it comes out half as good as the other one, it should be great!

Kev

Brilliant Kev!

I would like a "Spook" as well!

Think you might have to get those moulds going as I'm sure there will be a lot of interest for him and for your current project.

Phil :clap2:

Thanks, fellas; I've been considering having some more cast for a while now. They continue to seem to sell out. It's very flattering, I can tell you that. My first original painted master, was gobbled up by a local Phantom Phanatic Phriend of mine, he traded me a 1:32 Tamiya F-4J for it. To get another for myself, I had to actually pay for one of my own castings, ironic, eh?

My target date for completion of the "Any Time Baby" caricature, is sometime on January 2011. Then I'll immediately commence work on the "Warthog". He'll be modeled along these lines, in case you're not familiar with this or similar illustrations, as there are several. (Image "liberated" from the Detail & Scale publication, used here under "fair use" guidelines.)

Warthogillustration.jpg

Oh, Wow, now those are just too cool for school! :party0023: I wants one my preciousss in fact I'd want at least one of each. My brother is a complete Phantom Phreak and I love Tomcats so I'll be watching this closely. BTW, any chance of doing some of the many variations of The Spook!

Oh, Wow, now those are just too cool for school! :) I wants one my preciousss in fact I'd want at least one of each. My brother is a complete Phantom Phreak and I love Tomcats so I'll be watching this closely. BTW, any chance of doing some of the many variations of The Spook!

I hadn't planned on doing any; I already have the one I wanted! I will be getting Spooks recast soon though. I really want the Tomcat and Warthog as companion pieces though.

Regards,

• 5 months later...

I'll be fetching four of the freshly cast Spook figures, one is already reserved for a chap in Belgium, so the other three are up for grabs, if anyone is still interested. I had asked that he cast 20, but molds (old by now), were completely destroyed after the last pour.