Spitfire Vb Border Models 1/35 scale

mozart

Horses for courses regarding scale as the Pupster says below.

On 3/28/2024 at 4:19 PM, Pup7309 said:

Don’t care about the scale, but have to agree. If Kotare coming out with a better kit why bother, unless Borders one is just as good and they do some airfield set up in 1/35 with tower, Nissan huts ambulance and fuel truck. Or maybe a hanger or bomb protected parking bay. 
Disclaimer: not wishing this into existence wouldn’t get it anyway probably. Though interesting to think about. I think the ship deck diorama is a phenomenal concept.  Hope they do well with it. 

I do hope Border do OK with the carrier deck diorama too. It's a nice concept for those who don't want to scratch build. 

On Spitfires: Personally I'll wait for the Kotare kit of the Mk V.   But, will somebody please start making airfield vehicles in 1/32! Yes, Airfix, I am looking at you

Kind regards,

Paul

7 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Alas I seriously doubt Airfix will do that as they developed a partnership with Academy to release 1/35 vehicles... Now our best best is probably Thunder models.

I doubt it too Thierry but thought it was worth saying.

5 hours ago, Borsos said:

hey folks, 

there are nice vehicle kits in 1:35 from Gecko Models, Tamiya, Bronco, ICM, IBG, Airfix, Miniart, …

:)

Thanks Borsos - you are correct, but the point is that I'm looking for airfield vehicles in 1/32 because my collection of aircraft is in 1/32. There are various smaller companies like Aviattic that did the Marienfeld Lorry and Airfix did do a couple of kits in 1/32 that would be suitable next to an aircraft (e.g. Rommel's half track next to his Fieseler Storch) but, in the main Airfield Vehicles have been largely ignored. That is probably because the money is in 1/35 and in armour generally so I get why things are the way they are. Thank you for the suggestion - I know was well meant.

Kind regards,

Paul

4 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Thanks Borsos - you are correct, but the point is that I'm looking for airfield vehicles in 1/32 because my collection of aircraft is in 1/32. There are various smaller companies like Aviattic that did the Marienfeld Lorry and Airfix did do a couple of kits in 1/32 that would be suitable next to an aircraft (e.g. Rommel's half track next to his Fieseler Storch) but, in the main Airfield Vehicles have been largely ignored. That is probably because the money is in 1/35 and in armour generally so I get why things are the way they are. Thank you for the suggestion - I know was well meant.

Kind regards,

Paul

I know… I was just kidding…

I didn’t mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to keep the newly lighted up little fire under the „team 1:32 vs. team 1:35“-pot alive… :)
I for myself gave up 1:48 when I realized it just didn’t feel „right“ and switched to 1:32. I sold almost my whole collection of 1:48 kits to build only 1:32 airplanes. So I am also definitely scale-focused to a certain extent . But as I am also a tank/soft skinned vehicle/diorama builder, I always disliked the 1:35 - 1:32 problem. So when the first 1:35 aircraft kits were released, I was very happy. I personally don’t mind at all building 1:32 and 1:35 planes side by side,  I like to enjoy the advantages of both worlds. But I can also completely understand those who just don’t want to do so and keep things just on the 1:32 side. I just can’t keep away from nettling a little bit…

1 hour ago, Borsos said:

I for myself gave up 1:48 when I realized it just didn’t feel „right“ and switched to 1:32. I sold almost my whole collection of 1:48 kits to build only 1:32 airplanes. So I am also definitely scale-focused to a certain extent . But as I am also a tank/soft skinned vehicle/diorama builder, I always disliked the 1:35 - 1:32 problem. So when the first 1:35 aircraft kits were released, I was very happy. I personally don’t mind at all building 1:32 and 1:35 planes side by side,  I like to enjoy the advantages of both worlds. But I can also completely understand those who just don’t want to do so and keep things just on the 1:32 side. I just can’t keep away from nettling a little bit…

Do you see much difference between 1/32 and 1/35 scales? Difficult I suppose unless you have a single subject in both scales.

2 hours ago, Borsos said:

I know… I was just kidding…

I didn’t mean to offend anyone, I just wanted to keep the newly lighted up little fire under the „team 1:32 vs. team 1:35“-pot alive… :)

Hi Borsos

I get entirely your approach! Weirdly I did exactly the same thing! I got rid of all of my 1/48 scale kits and began again in 1/32. Am I alone in thinking 1/32 is not that big? I remember reading Peter Cook saying in 'The Master Scratch Builders' that 1/24 was the smallest scale in which everything could be seen but I am fairly sure that 1/32 is damned close to that.

Kind regards,

Paul

12 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Do you see much difference between 1/32 and 1/35 scales? Difficult I suppose unless you have a single subject in both scales.

That’s exactly my opinion, too. If you put Border‘s 1:35 scale 109 G-6 next to Revells 1:32 scale G-6, you‘ll definitively see a difference. But I‘ve seen many dioramas with 1:35 scale vehicles next to 1:32 scale planes. They didn’t look weird at all — you only knew a difference because you knew that they were of different scale. 
by the way: I never met a 1:72 scale modeler who had problems with using 1:76 scale stuff…

11 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Hi Borsos

I get entirely your approach! Weirdly I did exactly the same thing! I got rid of all of my 1/48 scale kits and began again in 1/32. Am I alone in thinking 1/32 is not that big? I remember reading Peter Cook saying in 'The Master Scratch Builders' that 1/24 was the smallest scale in which everything could be seen but I am fairly sure that 1/32 is damned close to that.

Kind regards,

Paul

You‘re not alone, Paul! When I build my first 1:32 scale plane, I still thought „Is that HUGE“!

Meanwhile I don’t think that any longer.

I only kept these 1:48 kits that had no 1:32 scale equivalent, like the Classic Airframes Fairey Battle or the Accurate Vindicator.

kind regards,

Andreas

Edited by Borsos