VMS Flexy CA Amazing product

Just wanted to pass this on. I picked up on this product on this site and tried a bottle. Best CA I have ever used. Coming from BSI and similar products. This glue works instantly which is what I want with CA. NO need for kicker. Works great on resin and plastic. Just as important is the bottle design. They have the best bottle I ever used. Lid has a metal needle in the top to allow the opening to never clog. Well thought out i.e. a better mousetrap. Only downside is having to purchase direct from VMS which is overseas and thus takes more time and cost to ship. Note they have quite a few interesting products besides glue. 

Paul

I'll have to try it out. I've recently started using the BSI black rubberised CA, and it's miles better than the AK Interactive stuff. For ordinary CA, I generally just use the cheap stuff from the supermarket, though I do use ZIP's ultra thin stuff quite a lot. The main issue with most CA glues is that they have a limited shelf life once opened, and rapidly decline in effectiveness after that.

Kev

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll second the VMS Products. I’ve used the Black and Clear glues and on the strength of how impressed I am with them have got some of their varnishes to try out. Another thing about their CA glues are they don’t seem to bother my sinuses like regular CA like Zip and other brands did. 

On 2/12/2024 at 8:49 PM, LSP_Kevin said:

I'll have to try it out. I've recently started using the BSI black rubberised CA, and it's miles better than the AK Interactive stuff. For ordinary CA, I generally just use the cheap stuff from the supermarket, though I do use ZIP's ultra thin stuff quite a lot. The main issue with most CA glues is that they have a limited shelf life once opened, and rapidly decline in effectiveness after that.

Kev

Hey Kev,

in what way is BSI better than AK Black Widow?

My BSI bottle hardened in the bottle after say six months so it got binned, but although there wasn't much to choose between them, i think the AK performed very well when sanded immediately after kicker application, and was possibly more liquid than BSI, which i found helpful for what i needed it for; the AK is also going strong after a year (not kept in fridge)

it's always good to get the pros / cons and differing characteristics of these glues i find so @Paul2660 thank you for the heads up on the VMS stuff; i agree they generally make cool products.

Cheers

Nick

1 hour ago, nmayhew said:

Hey Kev,

in what way is BSI better than AK Black Widow?

Just reverse your experience with the two products, and you've pretty much nailed mine. In fact, I just threw the 3/4-full bottle of the AK stuff out yesterday, as when I went to use it for the first time in a few months, it had turned into a rubbery latex-like goop that, while still sticky, was no longer a liquid. The first sign of trouble, though, was right out of the box, when it kept stringing on me, like the polystyrene tube glue of old. I couldn't lay it down anywhere without it leaving thin black spider webs all over the job. After persevering for a while, I gave up and reverted to only using standard CA, until John Kim recommended the BSI stuff, which was a revelation.

Of course it's possible that I simply got a bad bottle of the AK stuff, but I won't be risking it again.

Kev