Decals and AM for 1/32 Revell Mirage III

FrankT

I picked up one of these as a bagged kit. Always wanted one. Want to do it as an IAF Mirage or Nesher. I used to see a fair amount available but now, NADA. Isracast and CAM Resin used to have resin sets but CAM appears to be gone and Isra doesn't list anything currently. I would settle for just a good decal set if I could find one.

I've seen metal landing gear and resin wheels but I'm not sure I even saw any PE specifically for it. 

I would think some of the resin/PE might work. Does Italeri sell theier decals separately, thier Mirage has markings for an IAF bird.

Any leads?

FrankT

17 minutes ago, FrankT said:

I picked up one of these as a bagged kit. Always wanted one. Want to do it as an IAF Mirage or Nesher. I used to see a fair amount available but now, NADA. Isracast and CAM Resin used to have resin sets but CAM appears to be gone and Isra doesn't list anything currently. I would settle for just a good decal set if I could find one.

I've seen metal landing gear and resin wheels but I'm not sure I even saw any PE specifically for it. 

I would think some of the resin/PE might work. Does Italeri sell theier decals separately, thier Mirage has markings for an IAF bird.

Any leads?

FrankT

Welcome Frank.

Sounds like you bought a bag of Mirage IIIE parts from the Revell reboxing (commemorative AdA markings with a big boar's head?) of the Italeri kit. If not, you have one of the ancient Revell Mirages that was probably sold with Green Shield Stamps.

The Italeri IIIC original with the shorter nose (intakes further forward) had IDF/AF markings for a IIICJ, but not the IIIE.

If you can better identify the kit and mark of Mirage III, it is easier to suggest options

There

8 hours ago, Tony T said:

Welcome Frank.

Sounds like you bought a bag of Mirage IIIE parts from the Revell reboxing (commemorative AdA markings with a big boar's head?) of the Italeri kit. If not, you have one of the ancient Revell Mirages that was probably sold with Green Shield Stamps.

The Italeri IIIC original with the shorter nose (intakes further forward) had IDF/AF markings for a IIICJ, but not the IIIE.

If you can better identify the kit and mark of Mirage III, it is easier to suggest options

There

The seller said it was the old tool. It did not come with decals or instructions. It was in the original bag with tags that had some info (not the kit number) and "Made in Poland" on it. I looked on Scalemates and I'm pretty sure it is H-185 or 4741.

FrankT

In that case, I'm afraid the only solutions you have are either finding someone that can send you the nose of the Revell Mirage V based on the same old kit and start from there or getting the Isracast conversion set. More recent options are based on the Italeri kit and that one is noticeably different in the nose area. Using the Antarki set would ask for modifying the front fuselage to fit.

Hi

I believe that thierry is right .If you realy  want a "Nesher " on your shelf , forget the old Revell's kit , and look at the Italieri / revell ( new tool ) kit , not an easy kit , but much better in a matter of details etc. Antarky models conversions are very nice , Go ................

I 've built the "Nesher " from the old revell 's kit years ago . The kit needed a lot  of works ' engraving , adjustments etc ....etc ... I used a conversion from " Eagle design models " ( a guy from Italy ) but no more available now ....

Alain

Hmm. Ok then, what version is it from the box? 

Then I guess I will just need decals. I am not a fanatic. No one I know will know the difference. Well, maybe at the club, but still. Just want to do a camo IAF Mirage III.

7 minutes ago, FrankT said:

Then I guess I will just need decals. I am not a fanatic. No one I know will know the difference. Well, maybe at the club, but still. Just want to do a camo IAF Mirage III.

If you want to give it a go, I have an old TacScale Dynamics C7 Kfir conversion for the old tool Revell kit. I think that would get you part way to a Kfir or Nesher.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

If you want to give it a go, I have an old TacScale Dynamics C7 Kfir conversion for the old tool Revell kit. I think that would get you part way to a Kfir or Nesher.

I's not real complete, but it's a great start, for sure.

So, here is another option for you: change your Mirage IIIE into a CJ:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=2456

Note that you can just make the front changes: cut a section of the fuselage behind the cockpit and add the antenna at the tail base front if you make a late CJ with Camo paints. Just lengthen the parachute release tube but keep the ATAR9C rear fuselage as it is. This will not be 100% accurate but very close.

Most of the markings can also be made with masks and you will not need a conversion set.

If you want to go the Kfir route, this is a completely different beast that has few commonalities with the Mirage or Nesher except the basic airframe. So, this is another project but this may also result in a quite attractive IAF plane model.

Sorry guys, I think you’re bumming our friend, he wants an IAF camouflaged Mirage, but it's a hard way..........but the challengs could worth it :innocent: ......whatever the way ;)

6 hours ago, FrankT said:

From the box it is a IIIE and that mark was never used by the IAF. So, the two "easiest" solutions are to change it into a late CJ that had the same engine than the E but a shorter front fuselage or a Nesher for which you need at least a Mirage V type nose.