What does modelling do for you?

mozart

46 minutes ago, mozart said:

Yw3eNQ.png

Not forgetting "I think you're entering the realms of fantasy there, Jones!"

I grew up under the circuit pattern of Boscombe Down. Parents tell me I had my first kit at the age of 5 and none of us can remember what it was. My Dad & grandad worked at Boscombe, so perhaps that sowed the seed. I love military aviation and in particular BD aircraft. Back in the day when there was loads of different types in bright colours, roll on the school hols. I hated football and was that kid that got picked last, always in goal. I'd spend the period leaning against the post watching the aircraft in the circuit. Occasionally I'd see a ball whizzing past!. I made kits as a kid. Zooming forward. I build models to replicate memories. Evey one I have built has a memory associated with it, so I build memories.

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Is that Father Brown ??

LgyHHwi.jpg

???

No, but now you mention it they do look similar.  This is the late great Arthur Lowe as Captain Mainwaring from Dad's Army (a programme that is practically engraved on the DNA of we Brits "of a certain age").  Father Brown is Mark Williams, perhaps better known as Papa Weasley in the "Harry Potter" films. Two excellent actors.

Edited by MikeC

'Dad's Army' is a timeless comedy classic which still has me guffawing loudly even today and I must have seen each episode dozens of times. Its core MO is to gently poke fun at the British Home Guard during the second world war, which it does brilliantly. It was written by the same team that are responsible for a number of classic British comedies, including 'Only Fools and Horses' - another fantastic series.

Captain Mainwaring is the epitome of the pompous officer (and bank manager in civvie street)..

Slight correction Rich; Dad’s Army written by David Croft and Jimmy Perry, Only Fools and Horses by John Sullivan. Both incredibly funny. Croft and Perry also collaborated with “It Ain’t Half Hot Mum” and “Hi-de-Hi”, classics all but some a little less “pc” these days! 

Edited by mozart

31 minutes ago, mozart said:

Slight correction Rich; Dad’s Army written by David Croft and Jimmy Perry, Only Fools and Horses by John Sullivan. Both incredibly funny. Croft and Perry also collaborated with “It Ain’t Half Hot Mum” and “Hi-de-Hi”, classics all but some a little less “pc” these days! 

Well done Wilson Max, wondered when you'd spot that one.