are we going to do a raffle this year?

blackbetty

Thanks K2.   I welcome and respect your response.  Willing to donate as well.  Burned once, so a bit of a skeptic from past experiences.  Willing to try again, however.  Thanks.  No doubt a wonderful community to be involved with.  Humble apologies if I offended the moderator(s).       

Kindest regards,

Troy 

2 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Thanks K2.   I welcome and respect your response.  Willing to donate as well.  Burned once, so a bit of a skeptic from past experiences.  Willing to try again, however.  Thanks.  No doubt a wonderful community to be involved with.  Humble apologies if I offended the moderator(s).       

Kindest regards,

Troy 

No offense taken at all, Troy.

On 11/19/2023 at 3:08 PM, Troy Molitor said:

Kindest regards,

Troy 

No need to apologize Troy, I think under the circumstances, occasionally things like shipping can spiral out of control, even when we have/had the best intentions for just a bit of fun.

Unfortunately with the type of global community we have including mods from 4 different countries it can be difficult to predict shipping, especially with the crazy prices and regulations we all have to deal with.  

Just tossing this out there. I’m guessing it’s already been presented and I simply missed it. 
Is it possible to do this, but “segregate” it? CONUS vs Europe vs other major planetary sections? (Africa, Central and South America, Asiatic areas. Sorry, don’t know where AK and HI fit in the mix.)

:beer:

Cheers, 

Dave

19 minutes ago, Christa said:

Good thought Dave because intercontinental postage costs have more than doubled since Covid.

I wonder how your proposal would affect Christmas raffle administration? Kevin's views count more than mine.

(Glad Mars isn't colonised yet.)

Appreciated. 
I’m just medium smart at best. 

Cheers,

Dave

2 hours ago, Hartmann352 said:

Just tossing this out there. I’m guessing it’s already been presented and I simply missed it. 
Is it possible to do this, but “segregate” it? CONUS vs Europe vs other major planetary sections? (Africa, Central and South America, Asiatic areas. Sorry, don’t know where AK and HI fit in the mix.)

Cheers, 

Dave

We did briefly consider it, but dismissed the idea pretty quickly. In that case, we'd be talking numerous raffles at once vs just one, which would in all probability be a ton of work to keep track of. It also would severely limit who might receive what, as the winner, by default, would have to be in the same country/region of the world as the person donating the item.

7 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

We did briefly consider it, but dismissed the idea pretty quickly. In that case, we'd be talking numerous raffles at once vs just one, which would in all probability be a ton of work to keep track of. It also would severely limit who might receive what, as the winner, by default, would have to be in the same country/region of the world as the person donating the item.

K2 is correct, and this is also why we decided that LSP can, to a point, assist with high shipping costs for those that have raffle prizes to send to other countries. 

It’s just that I have pair of books that I’d like to put up and I’m guessing the shipping off North America could get pricey…..and the last time I participated in the raffle the winner of my item was across the pond and I felt bad asking for monetary assistance.

That’s all. 
Thank you for the consideration. 

Cheers, 

Dave

4 hours ago, Hartmann352 said:

It’s just that I have pair of books that I’d like to put up and I’m guessing the shipping off North America could get pricey…..and the last time I participated in the raffle the winner of my item was across the pond and I felt bad asking for monetary assistance.

That’s all. 
Thank you for the consideration. 

Cheers, 

Dave

No need to feel bad, that's the very reason it's offered, to encourage participation, without the dread of high international shipping being an obstruction.