F104 rivet drawings?

yep, it's probably a DDS for a flight sim. 

The daco book has some great F-104 drawings but even he minimizes rivets as they are all flush and polished. Most of them are invisible.
If I were to do a F-104 I wouldn't sweat the rivet too much and would probably stick to the rivets drawn in Daco book references, not any other. 

Edited by red Dog

21 hours ago, red Dog said:

yep, it's probably a DDS for a flight sim. 

The daco book has some great F-104 drawings but even he minimizes rivets as they are all flush and polished. Most of them are invisible.
If I were to do a F-104 I wouldn't sweat the rivet too much and would probably stick to the rivets drawn in Daco book references, not any other. 

Well, the rivets on the wings were puttied over and therefore all but invisible at least when the aircraft was freshly painted. The rivets on the fuselage and on the vertical stabilizer on the other hand were as visible (or as invisible) as on other fighter aircraft.

I can post the rivet pattern of the vertical and horizontal stabilizer (my own research, so probably wrong in many places ... ) if someone is interested.

Cheeers

Rainer

Here ya go:

TF-!04G_Horizontal_Stabilizer_Bottom.jpg

TF-!04G_Horizontal_Stabilizer_Top.jpg

TF-104G_Vertical_Stabilizer_RH.jpg

TF-104G_Vertical_Stabilizer_LH.jpg

Note 1: I believe the rivet pattern to be close to the original, however, the number of rivets per line may not be correct.

Note 2: Larger diameter circles represent Phillips type fasteners, smaller circles represent actual rivets. Circles in access panels are fasteners, no matter what diameter they are.

Note 3: Use at your own risk :coolio:

Edit: I just noticed, that you need to open the images in a new tab or window to download them. 

Cheers

Rainer

Edited by Rainer Hoffmann