Availability of 'EZ Line' or something similar

Getting close to the end of my Kotare Spit and I need to pop on the aerial wire from tail to pole.

...but I can't seem to find a supplier of EZ line which would be my preferred choice of wire.

None of my usual modelling sources seem to have it listed - unless I'm being an idiot with my choice of search words..

Where do other folk procure such an item?

I've got some you can have Rich, pm me your address and I'll pop it in the post.  I'll also send you some Prym which is an alternative, a better alternative in my experience.

I have used Prym Knitting thread with great success. The Prym thread takes to fabric dye well too, making white rigging turn almost any color you wish. I have also done the same thing with white EZ Line, although the profile of EZ line is a bit more inconsistent. It works really well to represent flat British rigging. 

My only issue with Prym and EZ line as well, is that both profiles are very flat. Prym having a more consistent flat profile, but also being a bit wider than EZ Line, that flat profile is easily seen.  

For smaller scales, as well as control lines (VS rigging lines) and round profile rigging I prefer Uschi van der Rosten "standard" size, which has a much less noticeably flat profile, and is also quite a bit thinner than Prym or even EZ Line. 

Uschi van der Rosten also makes a "fine" thread that is just that, VERY fine. 

1 hour ago, jbrennan said:

Hello Mozart, may I enquire what is the concept re Prym ? As opposed to EZ line, which I have had good results with. 

Rgds

jon 

Hello Jon. Brian summed it up; 2 advantages - firstly its white colour means I can run a silver pen along it and secondly it’s more consistent in profile, EZ line can vary quite a bit in places and split so that it is “hairy”.  Its flatness doesn’t bother me in the slightest, all of van Rosten’s stuff is too fine in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, mozart said:

I've got some you can have Rich, pm me your address and I'll pop it in the post.  I'll also send you some Prym which is an alternative, a better alternative in my experience.

Wow, thank you Max, that’s very good of you! :)

I will hop across and do the pm thing.

On 6/1/2023 at 8:51 PM, mozart said:

Hello Jon. Brian summed it up; 2 advantages - firstly its white colour means I can run a silver pen along it and secondly it’s more consistent in profile, EZ line can vary quite a bit in places and split so that it is “hairy”.  Its flatness doesn’t bother me in the slightest, all of van Rosten’s stuff is too fine in my opinion. 

Thats most interesting Max and Thank you once again !

rgrds

jon