F-84G wheels, alternatives to Fisher Models?

Grunticus

• Grunticus changed the title to F-84G wheels, alternatives to Fisher Models?
2 hours ago, Grunticus said:

I was looking for a 1/32 aftermarket set of main wheels, and it seems nobody but Fisher ever put a set out. Does anyone here know of an alternative?

Cheers!

Perhaps disagreeable to some, but I just went ahead and snatched an F-86 wheel set instead for my own F-84E. They're close enough for me, and it's extraordinarily doubtful that anyone I know will ever realize the difference.

23 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Perhaps disagreeable to some, but I just went ahead and snatched an F-86 wheel set instead for my own F-84E. They're close enough for me, and it's extraordinarily doubtful that anyone I know will ever realize the difference.

Thanks for that Kev, it hadn't occurred to me. I will go take a look and go the same route.

5 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Did AMS do a set? I have a set of unmarked wheels that I dont know what plane they go to that I believe are AMS. Will have to check...

Possible, I guess, but I'm not sure, though he certainly did some other 1:32 F-84 stuff. The only ones I know of for sure are/were the Fisher M&P versions, which I had zero luck finding anywhere.

On 4/28/2023 at 5:44 PM, Grunticus said:

I was looking for a 1/32 aftermarket set of main wheels, and it seems nobody but Fisher ever put a set out. Does anyone here know of an alternative?

Cheers!

Found these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145025177774?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=sXZZos0GQVW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=jDMTvb7rQSG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

7 minutes ago, Vulcan said:

Thanks for this, I appreciate it. They do look nice, but I ordered Reskit's F-86 wheels yesterday, they do look better than these, and as Kev said, nobody will notice.

1 hour ago, Grunticus said:

Thanks for this, I appreciate it. They do look nice, but I ordered Reskit's F-86 wheels yesterday, they do look better than these, and as Kev said, nobody will notice.

No worries 

12 hours ago, Vulcan said:

Not bad at all, but I can't help wondering what the huge gap around the main wheel rim is supposed to represent.

Well, actually the kit wheels and especially tyres are not that bad. The tyres are pretty accurate in shape, at least as seen on some F-84Gs.

wRbmjFJ.jpgHJQpz86.jpg

I might just use them...

Edit: even better with the Eduard PE parts applied to it.

2lUI8pc.jpg?1

Edited by Grunticus

6 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Nope, it's not that they're bad, I just hate rubber wheels is all.

Understood. Tbh, I have no experience with rubber tyres on kits. These are not soft at all and don't shine (which would have landed them in the bin straight away). I'm inclined to believe they will hold up to the test of time and not react with the styrene. I will paint them up and decide when the F-86 wheels have arrived. The F-86 wheels will not go to waste regardless since I also have the Kinetic F-86.

• 10 months later...

Resurrecting a thread from the dead...

This thread is one of the top responses while Googling for resin replacements of the garbage vinyl tires in the Hobby Boss F-84 kits. While checking into the F-86 wheel idea, I found the following and thought I'd share the reality of that situation:

e6taFU5.jpg

Not pictured, but after checking the parts against each other, it appears as though the F-86 nose wheel tire is too large by enough to not be able to fit inside of the F-84 kit's nose gear fork. 

The bottom line? It sure would be nice if someone such as ResKit would do up a set of wheels for the F-84E and G kits.

D

Edited by D Bellis