Alley cat Ki-61-II Kai (bubble canopy)

Burt

Hi, I don't see that any here has written on the Alley Cat Ki-61-II bubble top a/c.  Am I missing it ?  I'm trying to find one , but I would like to see if anyone has made it before, and what they think of it. Thanks. B. 

21 minutes ago, Burt said:

Hi, I don't see that any here has written on the Alley Cat Ki-61-II bubble top a/c.  Am I missing it ?  I'm trying to find one , but I would like to see if anyone has made it before, and what they think of it. Thanks. B. 

Hi Burt,

Aerocraft and Alley Cat are not associated in any way, other than that Ali of Aerocraft used to own Alley Cat models before selling it to some one else. On that basis, I'm going to move your thread over to LSP Discussion, where it more appropriately belongs.

Kev

Thank you Kev, for moving and for the explanation. My very good friend Phil Edwards made the masters for all the Ki-61 projects that we did, he unfortunately passed away last year. The chap that took over the Alley Cat range now only sells the range through Models For Sale in the U.K. I have checked and they do not have any of the Ki sets available. However more than a year ago Phil told me that the masters were not in a good working condition at that stage to be able to cast more of the sets. So unless someone has them and has done or is prepared to do some constructive surgery I am not sure if these will ever become available again.

However there will be some in stashes somewhere so you may get lucky, we sold lots of them.

I tried to hunt down a set but the ones on eBay were way out of my reach, I checked with Models for sale and got the same answer that Ali did and they had no plans for a future set.

But that is what the big stash is for, I'm not likely to run out of kits to build !

Cheers

Dennis