Health Update

D.B. Andrus

I sat with my father on his porch for more than a few days while he was going through the treatment, just sat, nothing more. Remembering what it was like for him makes it hard to know what to say, except do what they tell you to do. My father got through the treatment but went back to the smokes. The cure worked, the addiction remained.

• 3 weeks later...

Damian,

Hang tough buddy!  My wife’s close friend and coworker and another coworker is going through breast cancer treatments right now.  Her friend just did her last chemo treatment this past week and they went to lunch yesterday.  She is having some serious stamina issues and can only work a couple 8 hour shifts per week.  
I’ll be watching your website for a few things I need. Do your best and I’ll do my best to send some business your way! But no hurry, your health is your goal right now. 

Last treatment today Damian?

Really thinking of you buddy.  I was hit with bad health issues last year early this year and I am only just coming right.

My son Cameron (19 years old fit and healthy) unexpectedly got diagnosed with an aggressive cancer (which has already spread to 4 areas in his body incl lungs) 4 weeks ago and has undergone scans, surgery and started Chemo this Monday just gone.  We are on week one of 9 weeks (3 rounds of 3) and he's had treatment everyday this week.   I understand what you are saying as even after one week Cameron has gone downhill fast...it's heartbreaking to watch.

Just letting you know you're in our thoughts buddy and hope today is a good day for you.

You got this man!!!  

Your downunder buddy

Anthony

6 minutes ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Last treatment today Damian?

Really thinking of you buddy.  I was hit with bad health issues last year early this year and I am only just coming right.

My son Cameron (19 years old fit and healthy) unexpectedly got diagnosed with an aggressive cancer (which has already spread to 4 areas in his body incl lungs) 4 weeks ago and has undergone scans, surgery and started Chemo this Monday just gone.  We are on week one of 9 weeks (3 rounds of 3) and he's had treatment everyday this week.   I understand what you are saying as even after one week Cameron has gone downhill fast...it's heartbreaking to watch.

Just letting you know you're in our thoughts buddy and hope today is a good day for you.

You got this man!!!  

Your downunder buddy

Anthony

Hoping for all the best with Cameron's treatment too, mate.

Kev

5 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Hoping for all the best with Cameron's treatment too, mate.

Kev

Thanks buddy, I have been flying low myself a little as we go through this. 

He was looking at starting a Helicopter Mech apprenticeship when this happened.  But the company have been really good and are waiting. Something positive for him to look forward to when its all over :)

edit: Sorry not to take anything about your treatment away Damian..... just thinking of you my friend

Edited by Anthony in NZ